Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Any Doctors in The Den?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
So I've been kicking around coming off HRT after 2 years and am wondering the health benefits vs risks. Kind starting to wonder if pinning for the rest of my life is the way to go. All opinions are welcome.

So after 2 years I'm wondering does HRT effect a mans life\longevity, are there any medical studies or info on this question? Does a man on HRT risk a shorter life than a Natty man. Seems to be conflicting info, one camp says HRT shortens your life , one camp says it benefits your quality of life, is this code for a shorter life span but healthier? Is HRT worth it or is cycling healthier for you?

2nd. If I did come off after 2 years what's the healthiest not easiest but healthiest way to come off? What's the medically proven way to restore your natty levels or is it possible?

Opinions?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
^^^ lol interesting topic, and title has potential to spur a long thread . . . . .

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
From all of the reading I have done and the experiences of others, I HIGHLY recommend that you start running HCG as soon as possible. Dr Swale, from allthingsmale.com, who is an endocrinologist specializing in TRT, used to suggest 250mcg 2-3 times a week. When you look at the studies done with HCG though, returning from being hypogonadal can take anywhere from 8 weeks to 8 months or longer. The longer you were on, the longer it will take to recover. Have your blood work done about every 8 weeks to see the progress.

You can take HCG and Testosterone at the same time too. Don't drop the T until you have gotten a baseline of everything and have been on the HCG for a at least 2 months, IMO.

I am not going to lie man, it's going to be rough. I stopped lifting, came off TRT levels of test, and I felt fine for about 6 months. Then it hit me one day and I realized I was depressed and didn't even realize when it started.

If I think of some other suggestions and things I recall from Dr Swale, I'll post up. It's been many years since I had read his stuff, and I am not sure if he has his info up to date anymore or if he is as active in the community.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
From all of the reading I have done and the experiences of others, I HIGHLY recommend that you start running HCG as soon as possible. Dr Swale, from allthingsmale.com, who is an endocrinologist specializing in TRT, used to suggest 250mcg 2-3 times a week. When you look at the studies done with HCG though, returning from being hypogonadal can take anywhere from 8 weeks to 8 months or longer. The longer you were on, the longer it will take to recover. Have your blood work done about every 8 weeks to see the progress.

You can take HCG and Testosterone at the same time too. Don't drop the T until you have gotten a baseline of everything and have been on the HCG for a at least 2 months, IMO.

I am not going to lie man, it's going to be rough. I stopped lifting, came off TRT levels of test, and I felt fine for about 6 months. Then it hit me one day and I realized I was depressed and didn't even realize when it started.

If I think of some other suggestions and things I recall from Dr Swale, I'll post up. It's been many years since I had read his stuff, and I am not sure if he has his info up to date anymore or if he is as active in the community.

shortz did you go back to cycling or back on hrt since? I've been running hcg, Im with a hrt clinic with the Crissler method. My main wonder is long term effect on life span , health etc. I'm up in the air right now on this just weighing the options. TBH I dont know if I could totally give it up :)

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
^^^ lol interesting topic, and title has potential to spur a long thread . . . . .

As long as it's productive and not a pissin match I would like to hear all the thoughts out there

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
how old are you,that's going to be a big factor.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Turrning 50 Jo. But it's not just the pct part. If there were studies or medical knowledge on the long term effects I wouldnt have aproblem stayin on. Matter a fact I would love to . I'm talking long term like into 70's 80's, sucks I'm even thinkin in those terms!

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
They give free samples of depends online. If you like them lk has a hook up

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
shortz did you go back to cycling or back on hrt since? I've been running hcg, Im with a hrt clinic with the Crissler method. My main wonder is long term effect on life span , health etc. I'm up in the air right now on this just weighing the options. TBH I dont know if I could totally give it up :)

As with any medication, there are risks. All you have to do is look at the common side effects of testosterone for replacement therapy. Some studies will show the % of each side effect to give you an idea how likely you are to get it. It's really a matter of having an exam to determine risk factors. Here is some reading from Webmd. (This is the second page of the article)

http://www.webmd.com/men/guide/testosterone-replacement-therapy-is-it-right-for-you?page=2

I think really it's weighing out the pros and cons. All men are going to have "low T" by the time they are in their 40s, but it's a matter of how you feel more than anything. I think this is such a difficult subject because everyone is different.

As for what I did, I am off everything now. I went on TRT doses because of the injuries. I am taking about 750mg per month of Test Undeca. I havent had my levels checked to see if that's where I should be, but I feel ok on that dose. I could probably bump it, but I really want to stay as low as possible while feeling good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic