Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

slow and steady recovery and on to bigger things...

Seira_1337

Seira_1337

TID Lady Member
Jul 15, 2014
I was a competitive pole dancer for five years until i broke my leg in two places last july. I had two sugeries and was in the hospital for a week. Needless to say, I was out of commission for a while. I got depressed, even a little suicidal knowing competition was out of the question permanently. I balooned from 135 to 185 at my heaviest. Very devastating. Its been about 8 months since I began walking again. Lifting has saved my life. I want to take it all the way20140713_204856.jpg

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Hey welcome to the den and glad to see you got into lifting and made the transformation. And being completely serious with no disrespect, I had no idea competitive pole dancing was a thing. How did you compete? Is that separate from stripping? Again, very serious questions. That is the first time I've heard of it.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Injuries are devastating. I will be interested in following your progress. Sounds like you are up for the challenge!

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Injuries are hell and recovery can be extremely frustrating. Just need to take it slow and realize you will hit a few stumbling blocks along the way to getting back to 100%. Biggest thing I've learned overcoming injuries is that this is very much a battle of ego, you want to push but sometimes you need to check the ego so you don't put yourself back a few steps.

Good luck you can do it.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Why is competing out of the question permanently. Genuine question not trying to be a bitch.
Pole dancing has always fascinated me . The stuff you guys do is amazing.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Don't let anyone tell you that you can't . Especially doctors . Exercise heals . Trust me I broke my spine twice , my hip . I've had to learn how to walk never mind that I continue to train in several martial arts full blast daily and lift weights daily . Where there is a will there us a way . You can use weights to rehab injuries just seek a sports minded Orthopeadic /PT . Only your own mind limits the potential you have ! Follow your heart always

British Animal

British Animal

Jul 15, 2014
Welcome and looks like the guys are already supporting you, good luck

Seira_1337

Seira_1337

TID Lady Member
Jul 15, 2014
Thanks all :) look up world pole dance competition on you tube. It is much different from stripping as you will see. Its about art and athleticism, not nudity. I can no longer compete due to the extensive permanent hardware in my leg. I cant perform much of the floor work and maneuvers that require all my weight being supported by that leg. I have also lost considerable flexibility.
Thankyou all for the support. Im excited to be among such dedicated fitness rockstars

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I was a competitive pole dancer for five years until i broke my leg in two places last july. I had two sugeries and was in the hospital for a week. Needless to say, I was out of commission for a while. I got depressed, even a little suicidal knowing competition was out of the question permanently. I balooned from 135 to 185 at my heaviest. Very devastating. Its been about 8 months since I began walking again. Lifting has saved my life. I want to take it all the wayView attachment 6258

==========================================================================================
I'm sorry for you loss, and usually those whom have competed know whats required to return both mentally and physically. I'm curious (sorry it's my nature) why you "can't compete"?

Ok so you had some leg surgery, twice, it seems to follow the surgery was complicated involving bony grafts or flaps OR you developed a post operative wound infection. But I can't find "you can't compete there". I mean an arthroplasty (total joint replacement) flexibility is restored. Ok even if your knee joint was fused (almost always bc of an infection) it would be replaced eventually.

So what is the nature of such an injury where competition would be difficult? I can think of a few off hand, such as chronic osteomyelitis which can alter bony structure and strength considerably, a foreshortened leg bc of surgery, an infection which involved the overlying skin and muscle or nerve damage weakening muscles.

But regardless none of these are reasons a patient can't compete from a medical perspective. It seems what your really suggesting is that you can't compete at the same level once achieved, perhaps but if you don't try, you'll never know.

If doctors really told you CAN'T COMPETE, if you don't mind I would really like to know what those reasons were?.

Best to you
jim

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
you are very close to me location wise. If you ever think you wanna give strongwoman training a try pm me :)

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
you are very close to me location wise. If you ever think you wanna give strongwoman training a try pm me :)

================•======

I'm probably being presumptuous but, if your offer is directed at me, I'm quite sure I would last about as long in your "strongwomen training" as you would endure in my hospitals "Level I Trauma Bay"!

(Regardless I much appreciate the offer, if ,,,,,,)

Best
Jim

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
================•======

I'm probably being presumptuous but, if your offer is directed at me, I'm quite sure I would last about as long in your "strongwomen training" as you would endure in my hospitals "Level I Trauma Bay"!

(Regardless I much appreciate the offer, if ,,,,,,)

Best
Jim

She meant the OP. You and Rr are a few thousand miles away.

But you would make a cute strong woman :p

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic