Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Kick boxing and getting shredded

J

jeffpapadopoulos

Jun 11, 2014
Hi to everyone i lift weights for 2 years and i am new to phase of calorie counting...I recently started kick boxing , 18 years old, 78 kgs, 180cm height

1) How much calories i have to take on kick boxing days ???

2)the other days i do jogging in the morning with empty stomach...how much calories these days ???

My goal is to get shredded

Every opinion is acceptable...sorry if you dont understand something

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
I can't answer the calorie question for you but I would suggest looking at kickboxing as cardio. So do the same thing you would when you do cardio would be my suggestion nothing different. Then if you notice changes that you aren't liking make the necessary changes.

J

jeffpapadopoulos

Jun 11, 2014
i cant do the same routine... i mean if i train chest and tris on monday the next day i will be sore and i cannt do kick boxing .....my first priority is kick boxing

my goal is to be fresh on kick days......and then get shredded .

1) What can i do with my calories ??

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Count the calories you are eating now by weighing and measuring everything you eat, and log it in a food log. Assuming you are not gaining weight, reduce the amount of calories you eat each day be 250 for a couple weeks and if you are not losing at least 1 lb of weight each week, decrease your calories another 250 calories per day until you are losing between 1 and 2 lbs of weight per week. Continue to follow this plan (of further reducing your calories when you do not lose at least 1 lb per week) for 3 to 6 months.

You can improve your diet quite a bit by trying to avoid sugary salty and processed foods, and eating home cooked meals with meat and veggies as the main courses. You should have occasional re-feed days, some have those once per week, where you eat a normal amount of food and replenish your body's reserves, and re-set your metabolism.

I am on a ketogenic (high protein, high fat, very low carb) diet and my re-feed days are about once per month.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
i cant do the same routine... i mean if i train chest and tris on monday the next day i will be sore and i cannt do kick boxing

Sure you can. I used to work out with weights in the morning and then go to Jiu Jitsu class at night and train for 2 hours.

The soreness goes away once your blood gets flowing.

After doing this for about a month your body will get used to it.

Your performance in Kick boxing won't suffer at all.

You'll be fine, the most important thing is to make sure you are getting enough calories to lose weight, BUT also recover for your next sessions.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
My daughter trains at the gym most days in the morning and then has MMA training in the evening pretty much every day. She competes in jitz, kickboxing and MMA. The only time we cut her weightlifting is pre-fight and how long pre-fight is dependent on how much weight she needs to cut prior to competition.

If you are eating correctly you should heal (unless you're an old bastard like me). If you over train and have DOMS, then hit the ice bath after training. Pay attention to your body....you will know if you overtrain. That is when you take time off.....other than that....PUSH!!!

J

jeffpapadopoulos

Jun 11, 2014
just finished the first month with kick boxing ....I am at 2600 calories and the results are great ..... Turbolag you say "You'll be fine, the most important thing is to make sure you are getting enough calories to lose weight, BUT also recover for your next sessions. " .... 2600 calories is ok ???

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
just finished the first month with kick boxing ....I am at 2600 calories and the results are great ..... Turbolag you say "You'll be fine, the most important thing is to make sure you are getting enough calories to lose weight, BUT also recover for your next sessions. " .... 2600 calories is ok ???

Hey Jeff.

This is how I would approach the calories if I were going to do a cut and do a higher intensity cardio.

The first thing I would do is find my maintenance calories. You can pretty much go to google and type in "find maintenance calories".

The next thing I would do is divide my macro nutrient needs out of the calories.

For example, if your maintenance calories are 2500 a day (I'm using this as an example), you need to get a protein, carbohydrate and fat intake break down.

For protein, I was recently reading and article that states 1 gram or protein per body weight is sufficient, UNLESS you are trying to lose weight. In that case you will need to add more.

So I would START out with 1 gram per pound of your body weight. You weigh 78kg, that translates to 171 pounds.

So to start out, consume 171 grams of protein per day.

When I dieted last year I used this setup.

The rest I ate what ever carbohydrate of fat combination that would get me to my goal for calories for the day.

Don't worry about consuming large amounts of carbohydrates, you need them to be ready for the next workout.

I would start out eating 200 calories BELOW my maintenance level. So if to maintain you need 2500, start out with 2300.

Its trial and error, it works, you just have to play with it. Just make sure you don't UNDER EAT. I used to do this and I would feel terrible.

Hopefully Shortz, and Woodwise will chime back in. They will be more helpful than me.

You shouldn't feel too hungry all the time, but you should be hungry enough to know that you are at a deficit.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Also, I wanted to add that, you probably will want to keep your foods in your diet cleaner. I'm a huge fan of flexible dieting, but when you are doing a high intensity sport or combat sport I think you should keep the foods cleaner.

Junk food might slow you down, especially on days you spar. If you want to have any junk I would keep it as a reward for after kick boxing class.

Everything I've told you so far is from personal experience, not bro science.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
I think turbo hit it right on the head. Give what he recommended a shot and see what works best for YOU as he said not every person reacts the same.

J

jeffpapadopoulos

Jun 11, 2014
ok i finally understood the game with the calories ... thank you all very much

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic