Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Need Good advice

R

RLM017

Ok I am 29 in Sept 5'8 174 pds
I had horrible obesity issue almost 8 yrs ago and underwent the gastric bypass. I lost 170pd successfully becoming anroxic at 115 pd. I found bodybuilding and knew this my ultimate goal! Ok so I have been weight training since by surgery but not many changes. I can eat normal and currently I am at 1800 cal usually running 5% carbs 75% fat and 20% protein. Currently I have been doing the ketogenic diet for 5weeks and have lost 6pds. I have some skin issues that many trainers have said if I put on alot of mass in my arms and legs they will be fine just need to remove from abd. I am very stuck at this moment in what to do, I really want to build ALOT of muscle. I have researched a lot and see that alot of people suggest dieting down and then starting a bulk. So I am wonder should I keep trying to lose and start clen or hgh to assist more? Or should I start to bulk and start a cycle with it? I guess I should mention I have never taking anything other than normal workout stuff preworkouts etc.
I would also like to ask where does everyone buy from that is legit??
Any help greatly appreciated!!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Nobody here is going to help you find a source and asking is a violation of community guidelines. That rule is there for your own protection.

Anyone that sends you a pm offering to sell to you is most likely going to scam you now.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I had horrible obesity issue almost 8 yrs ago and underwent the gastric bypass. I lost 170pd successfully becoming anroxic at 115 pd. I found bodybuilding and knew this my ultimate goal! Ok so I have been weight training since by surgery but not many changes. I can eat normal and currently I am at 1800 cal usually running 5% carbs 75% fat and 20% protein. Currently I have been doing the ketogenic diet for 5weeks and have lost 6pds. I have some skin issues that many trainers have said if I put on alot of mass in my arms and legs they will be fine just need to remove from abd. I am very stuck at this moment in what to do, I really want to build ALOT of muscle. I have researched a lot and see that alot of people suggest dieting down and then starting a bulk. So I am wonder should I keep trying to lose and start clen or hgh to assist more? Or should I start to bulk and start a cycle with it? I guess I should mention I have never taking anything other than normal workout stuff preworkouts etc.
First, In my opinion, you are eating too little protein if you really want to build muscle. As for gaining a lot of muscle to fill the skin, that's a hard one to answer without knowing how bad the skin issue is but have to say you might want to rethink using aas until you really get a handle on a good diet and cardio.

Congrats though on your weight loss and welcome! :)

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Great job on the weight loss. Glad to have you here

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Your diet does look a little off, that is a lot of fat per day as Jenner said and too little protein. Dropping 170's, depending on where it all was (localized in stomach/hips or whole body) is a lot of weight to drop so skin issues will take a lot of time. if you want to build A LOT of muscle you would need to post your workouts and diet and keep a log where people can chime in to assist you where you may be told one thing but it may not be correct. Many "trainers" are pretty sad in their overall knowledge.

Also, asking for a source is putting yourself out there to get scammed, may want to rethink your approach.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Welcome to the Den.

1st like Jenner said, you are eating WAY TO LITTLE protein. even in your situation you need to bump up protein big time. drop the fat down and cut out your carbs. You should look at a paleo diet for what your doing. The internet is full of great recipes and such for your diet lifestyle now. You can not and will not grow muscle without proper protein. carbs for you should be healthy veggies and nuts as per paleo recommendations. Focus on the basics first for diet and training. learn proper workout routines and form. start with the basics muscle building exercises for your goal. deadlifts, squats, pullups, bench ect. they are just as awesome for your goals as any other bodybuilders. the other stuff you can do some research on and make sure its what you really want to get into. Everyone here will give you great advice and knowledge. But that is what this board is for, knowledge and discussion. But like you have been informed, this is not a source board and asking how and where to buy the stuff will get you and others in trouble. Congrats also on the weight loss so far. keep up the awesome work.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

-------------------------------------
Generally if the amount of skin stretching which occurred because of your obesity exceeds 150-200% of your pre-obesity baseline about the only thing which will fully restore a functional appearance is surgical resection.

That being said, your quite young and a few your age have done reasonably well absent surgery providing a strict exercise and dietary regimen is followed.

The studies that have been done on this issue often use "caliper measurements" as a means of evaluating the probability of non-surgical success. Basically they measure the amount of "extra skin" which remains after marked weight loss in those with morbid obesity (greater than 100% of Ideal Body Weight)

IMO you should do nothing until AT LEAST one year has passed AFTER reaching your TBW goal.

Regs
Jim

Last edited:
R

RLM017

I am so sorry I did not read the rules first my apologies. I am new to this forum and really enjoy reading your posts.
Ok so I am not new to exercising been with it at least 7 years, I have had a few trainers and even an IFBB pro in bodybuilding I was with had a hard time with why I wasn't making muscle gains. The reason my diet is currently the macro it is, because I have been doing the Ketogenic diet high fat mod protein and very low carb under 20. From my research if u eat higher levels of protein then it blunts fat loss. Was currently trying to lose body fat as I had some bb tell me its better to build muscle when your body fat low. I also have a really hard time strength wise, another reason for my questions. Not that I have a horrible bf about 18% however it is not correct because of lose skin hard to caliper.
NavyChief posted to move to a paleo diet keep my carbs low but increase protein, so should I cont to keep carbs at 20 net or should I move them to??

A normal day for me starts around 12pm (I am a night shifter 12hrs and school during days) if I do not have classes
I have keto coffee which includes a cup coffee, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp organic heavy cream
about 3 meatballs and 2 eggs
lunch is usually tilipia in a tbsp organic grassfed butter with veggies
snack 1 oz mozz cheese and 1 oz pecans or macadamia nuts
dinner beef, chicken or fish with greens

snack on cheese if I need to
On workout days I drink the coffee go gym 15m HIIT or stairs, 60min weights post workout hamburger patty w/ cheese sliced tomato's
I work weekends and this what my days look like on my off days I have classes and then gym at night. Usually go to the gym daily sometimes a 1 day off every 1-2 weeks. I usually follow Jim stoppanis shortcut to size or shortcut to shred and labrada leg workout to gain 4 in- its legs 2x a week
I am open to as many suggestions as possible! As far as the skin its very bad around hips and abds, my arms are not bad and I do think maybe I can fill them in as well as my thighs. I also wonder by trying to lose more am I just making the skin worse and not helping anything??

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I am so sorry I did not read the rules first my apologies. I am new to this forum and really enjoy reading your posts.
Ok so I am not new to exercising been with it at least 7 years, I have had a few trainers and even an IFBB pro in bodybuilding I was with had a hard time with why I wasn't making muscle gains. The reason my diet is currently the macro it is, because I have been doing the Ketogenic diet high fat mod protein and very low carb under 20. From my research if u eat higher levels of protein then it blunts fat loss. Was currently trying to lose body fat as I had some bb tell me its better to build muscle when your body fat low. I also have a really hard time strength wise, another reason for my questions. Not that I have a horrible bf about 18% however it is not correct because of lose skin hard to caliper.
NavyChief posted to move to a paleo diet keep my carbs low but increase protein, so should I cont to keep carbs at 20 net or should I move them to??

A normal day for me starts around 12pm (I am a night shifter 12hrs and school during days) if I do not have classes
I have keto coffee which includes a cup coffee, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp organic heavy cream

On workout days I drink the coffee go gym 15m HIIT or stairs, 60min weights post workout hamburger patty w/ cheese sliced tomato's
I work weekends and this what my days look like on my off days I have classes and then gym at night. Usually go to the gym daily sometimes a 1 day off every 1-2 weeks. I usually follow Jim stoppanis shortcut to size or shortcut to shred and labrada leg workout to gain 4 in- its legs 2x a week
I am open to as many suggestions as possible! As far as the skin its very bad around hips and abds, my arms are not bad and I do think maybe I can fill them in as well as my thighs. I also wonder by trying to lose more am I just making the skin worse and not helping anything??

Well crap I'm lost OP, since I really don't know what your question is I'm afraid I'll lead you astray even more if I carry on with my drivel :)

So what is/are your questions?

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012

All I can say is the foods you are eating are not helping you. I agree with Dr. Jim's first post, we can't see you so it's hard to gauge what exactly you would need to get rid of the extra skin. It seems your training and cardio are good or you wouldn't have lost all that weight (diet also of course), I would say though, you might need to change up your training routine / intensity.

Did you mean to say that higher levels of protein "block" fat loss? If so, I'd like to see the research on that because that is pretty much BS. I would try the following macro counts and see how they work as I have had great success with it...50 p / 30 c / 20 f :)

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
As mentioned above - the whole idea behind increase muscle mass/ decrease bodyfat is to eat enough protein to provide the stuff to build muscles, and enough energy source to fuel it. If you're doing a keto diet, fats will provide that energy source (ketones) and you want to keep the complex carbs below 20 g. And also do a refeed. 20% protein really gives you nothing to build with. Not knowing anything about how your training is, I would suggest dumping the keto / paleo stuff and just get on a decent, balanced diet. Generally keeping it simple & consistent will let your body respond to it. I typically recommend a carb cycle to keep things efficient. If you're looking for a full program, I've always been a big fan of Bill Phillips' BODY FOR LIFE book if you're looking for a foundation program to get your diet & training habits established. And as noted above, need more detail on what your training / cardio looks like right now.

I was intending to keep my post about just getting back to basics, but you noted that you are working on 12 hr shifts. One diet approach that tends to work well for people on long shift schedules where they can't eat regularly is Intermittant Fasting (IF). (lots of detail here: http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html) I"m not suggesting yet another structured diet that you have to adapt to, but I guess I am bringing one particular one up specifically for your work schedule. If your work schedule doesn't limit your eating times, then I'd not worry about IF and just get comfortable w/ the basics.)

And just to back up what the other folks are saying - if your current diet / training-cardio /recovery program isn't producing the results you want, steroids are not going to do the heavy lifting for you. You need very much to get on top of the diet & training before even getting sidetracked w/ drugs. It can add a whole boatload of issues that may not necessarily be the result you envisioned.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic