Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

High kidney values/labs

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Didn't quiet know where to put this but hopefully someone can help.

I get get blood tests done regularly, normally before/during/after cycle and sometimes in between cycles too. All of my tests come back fairly normal, obviously there have been a few with test levels off the charts and stuff like that but over time everything has more or less been fine - except kidneys.

In 09 kidneys were fine. In 2011 was the first sign of anything wrong. They returned lab values slightly above the normal range. Could have been due to a lot of things so wasn't really a worry. In 2012 & 2013 the same thing, it's still consistently just above the lab range. In 2013 it was almost in the higher part of the range however naver made it back to normal. I just got tests done again this week and it's still high so it's starting to be a little concern.

I drink a lot of water & diet is overall pretty good. Have one protein shake daily (49g). The results have continued to be high regardless of if I am on/off or taking more/less OTC supplements.

What would everyone suggest? The doctor is sending me for an ultrasound but that's about it for now so I'm seeing if anyone has any ideas

(Will post exact labs when I get home)

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Didn't quiet know where to put this but hopefully someone can help.

I get get blood tests done regularly, normally before/during/after cycle and sometimes in between cycles too. All of my tests come back fairly normal, obviously there have been a few with test levels off the charts and stuff like that but over time everything has more or less been fine - except kidneys.

In 09 kidneys were fine. In 2011 was the first sign of anything wrong. They returned lab values slightly above the normal range. Could have been due to a lot of things so wasn't really a worry. In 2012 & 2013 the same thing, it's still consistently just above the lab range. In 2013 it was almost in the higher part of the range however naver made it back to normal. I just got tests done again this week and it's still high so it's starting to be a little concern.

I drink a lot of water & diet is overall pretty good. Have one protein shake daily (49g). The results have continued to be high regardless of if I am on/off or taking more/less OTC supplements.

What would everyone suggest? The doctor is sending me for an ultrasound but that's about it for now so I'm seeing if anyone has any ideas

(Will post exact labs when I get home)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My "gut" says it's AOK, but if you would post or PM, if preferred, the following I can provide you with a very good estimate of your overall renal function:

Your age, weight, serum creatnine and sex.

Also if a URINALYSIS was conducted I would like to review the "microscopic exam".

That's it mate.

best
jim

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My "gut" says it's AOK, but if you would post or PM, if preferred, the following I can provide you with a very good estimate of your overall renal function:

Your age, weight, serum creatnine and sex.

Also if a URINALYSIS was conducted I would like to review the "microscopic exam".

That's it mate.

best
jim

===========================================================

Although not absolutely necessary, forwarding your creatnine and weight from several years ago, may provide useful information

jim

Last edited:
F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Hoodlum get all the tests done and stay safe even if it means getting off the gear period.your health comes first.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Curious if you are Black vs. Hispanic or Caucasian. GFR norms differ racially. Also age weight and are your fasting blood sugars often high?

D

Dsly

Dec 5, 2012
My Kidney numbers came back high from my blood test in April 2013. My doctor was clueless. He did an ultrasound and they looked fine. I did some reading on what kinds of stuff is hard on kidneys and I cut way back on my protien, started drinking a lot more water, quit creatine all together and in 3 months it was still higher but not as bad. Finally in January 2014, I got a blood test back with kidney numbers in the normal range. Since then I have started taking creatine again but no more than 5g per day. Before, I was doing 5g before a workout, 5 g after and I would mix it with my protien shakes twice a day in addition to that. I still try to drink lots of water.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
My creatinine started coming back high since I started lifting years ago, way before AAS.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Curious if you are Black vs. Hispanic or Caucasian. GFR norms differ racially. Also age weight and are your fasting blood sugars often high?

-----------------------
On spot Mike!
As I mentioned earlier the best means of measuring "renal function" is to determine YOUR GFR and this can not be accomplished by a serum creatinine alone.

Although an increased intake of CREATINE could theoretically increase someone CREATNINE the former must first be converted to the latter, and the latter is a FIXED ENZYMATIC REACTION.

Furthermore IF It was determined the ingestion of creatine was causing an elevated creatinine level the test becomes invalidated and must be repeated to measure your GFR!

In other words although your kidneys are PERFECTLY NORMAL in rare circumstances the supplementation of creatine may suggest your kidneys are functioning on a suboptimal basis.

Jim

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic