Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

MMA more brutal than boxing?

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
I don't believe so. It may be more realistic a gladiator battle, but the safeties in place make it far less dangerous than boxing, Yet you here the people getting restless and talk about banning the sport.
Run eeg's on mma fighters and boxers and tell me which is the more punishing sport. It is clearly boxing, yet we here nothing about banning boxing.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Yea MMA has fast knock outs or submissions, so its supposed to be safer, but who knows.

I enjoy both sports. Both are difficult and take a lot of dedication. Can't forget about Muy Thai also, I love watching that and kick boxing. K1 puts on some awesome fights!

As far as brutal..... do you watch the news????

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Yes turbo and that is why we need brutal patriots on our country who can destroy other nations brutal patriots. So long as we play football and they play soccer we have a huge edge on the competition.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Hadn't really thought about that but its interesting. In both sports the people who are there want to be there and have worked hard to excell and get to where they are. People like rough sports and people like to play them. What about Football or Rugby?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Hadn't really thought about that but its interesting. In both sports the people who are there want to be there and have worked hard to excell and get to where they are. People like rough sports and people like to play them. What about Football or Rugby?

I think MMA almost got banned in the early 2000s, and I think because it was labeled as "too violent". I think there was an article on a sports magazine about it being too violent.

I said "I think" way too many times.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
It's sad we even have discussions like this in America today. We'll never see great heavyweight fights again, even welterweights are going away. Sissify everyhting, everyone gets a trophy. It won't be long til MMA goes the same way.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
It's sad we even have discussions like this in America today. We'll never see great heavyweight fights again, even welterweights are going away. Sissify everyhting, everyone gets a trophy. It won't be long til MMA goes the same way.

The UFC's from the early and mid 90s were my favorite man. No rules, no nothing.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
They let you bleed more in MMA, more brutal? Lets define brutal first. Boxing is going the way of the dinosaur...extinct pretty soon. No more brawlers, nobody really stands out imo. However, there is WAY more action in MMA/UFC/PRIDE fighting, and thats what people want, not 12 rounds of dancing.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Why don't we just ban everything and wrap our kids up in bubble wrap.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I didn't realize there was any debate here. It' seems pretty well known standing up and bashing each others' heads in, in an attempt to rattle their brain hard enough to knock them out, is harder on health than fighters that have the option to do a take down and avoid that wrath.

brutus79

brutus79

Dec 27, 2013
I'm with shortz... mma would be a lot less safe if they gave you 2 ten counts per round to get your head smashed again with thin gloves, but they don't. I think any well conditioned mma fighter would eviscerate a boxer in a cage, but that's not the question. Boxing makes people's brains into scrambled eggs.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

I train with a guy who wrestled his whole life. We had a discussion around this recently. He said there is no more warrior class. They are being snuffed out. I think he made a valid point.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic