Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Paleo Diet

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Is this diet readily available online somewhere, or is there a book one should get for all the info? Have a friend who was interested in trying this out, and I thought I would see whats out there to get her on the right track. She doesnt have the luxury or using a personal trainer/dietician, so she decided this is her best option. She was wasting money on some xcite program before(i told her not too) and now someone wants her to drink 2-3 shakes everyday, and she isnt dont that either. But any info would be great. I guess I could google it, but I thought there might be a book/magazine she could buy to follow it better.

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
If I remember there is a video of a guy just poking holes all through the"science" behind the paleo diet. I watched a little over half the video it's 30+ minutes long

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Really? I just want to see an outline of it to get a better understanding of it. I am not an expert by any means, but I should be able to see if this would be a good option for my friend. I wish she would just splurge and use someone. I have 3 guys she can use, but doesnt want to spend money..

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
There are certain aspects of it I like but personally I'm not a fan of paleo. I feel the are better, more rounded ways to approach nutrition.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I felt great on paleo... just my experience. I work with a lot of women that do paleo and they all look 10yrs younger than their actual age. All of them thin.

Don't have time to watch the vid posted above right now. Hopefully by poking holes is sites studies and not just talks dietary theory. Anyway it's a very simple diet. I don't do it because it's so hard for me to get a decent # of calories in with dairy in my diet (and pizza etc) that I would starve without these things on paleo. But it's a healthy way to eat IMO. I mean meat, vegies and fruit. Not much more natural than that. I don't buy into the common BBing bullshit that fruit is fattening, nor do I believe bread is healthier for you. But that's just me.

I have some links somewhere, one in particular to a forum with lots of easy recipes etc. Have to run to work now but I'll try to remember to post it up later. If I forget and you still want to know just shoot me a PM.
TC

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Thanks fellas. Ill check out that link too..

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I felt great on paleo... just my experience. I work with a lot of women that do paleo and they all look 10yrs younger than their actual age. All of them thin.

Don't have time to watch the vid posted above right now. Hopefully by poking holes is sites studies and not just talks dietary theory. Anyway it's a very simple diet. I don't do it because it's so hard for me to get a decent # of calories in with dairy in my diet (and pizza etc) that I would starve without these things on paleo. But it's a healthy way to eat IMO. I mean meat, vegies and fruit. Not much more natural than that. I don't buy into the common BBing bullshit that fruit is fattening, nor do I believe bread is healthier for you. But that's just me.

I have some links somewhere, one in particular to a forum with lots of easy recipes etc. Have to run to work now but I'll try to remember to post it up later. If I forget and you still want to know just shoot me a PM.
TC

Paleo also leaves out a ton of things that are still healthy and packed with nutrition though too. For instance, sweet potatoes and potatoes are packed with nutrition, yet you can't eat them on paleo. Paleo is "on the right track", but yet just go far off at the same time.

It's just like anything else. Lead a shitty lifestyle, look and feel shitty. I hate crossfit, and I hate paleo, but a lot of people that do it now are getting off their asses and eating "better" than they did before, and they are exercising. Of course they are going to look and feel great to the alternative.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
IM I feel your pain. My wife's chunky friends routinely ask me for diet and training plans. I made the mistake of doing it in the past only to have them "tweak the diet" as in eat whatever they want in any portion they want and skip the training for a variety of bogus reasons. Most notably "I don't want to bulk up."

The reality is they don't want to work hard. And because of that they will always be fat and out of shape.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Paleo also leaves out a ton of things that are still healthy and packed with nutrition though too. For instance, sweet potatoes and potatoes are packed with nutrition, yet you can't eat them on paleo. Paleo is "on the right track", but yet just go far off at the same time.

It's just like anything else. Lead a shitty lifestyle, look and feel shitty. I hate crossfit, and I hate paleo, but a lot of people that do it now are getting off their asses and eating "better" than they did before, and they are exercising. Of course they are going to look and feel great to the alternative.

You can absolutely eat sweet potatoes on Paleo, and there are many Paleo advocates that push white potatoes for competitive athletes as well. There's no reason you can't eat fully balanced and healthy when eating Paleo, it's just expensive and hard to get a ton of calories if you're big and bulking.

The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf is a good start IM. I don't eat Paleo, but I have in the past and I felt good (but couldn't get over 4000k cals without spending $500/wk on groceries).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic