Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Best Glute Exercises

88fiona

88fiona

Established Member
Nov 2, 2010
I know this can be a trouble spot for a lot of women. I used to have a totally flat ass but I attibute what I have to track and then bodybuilding. Specifically hurdles and then squats. Here is what I think are some of the best glute building exercises, interested in what has worked for you.

Free Squats (building block for not only my glutes but also my legs)
Reverse Lunges (smith machine, barbell, free weight or no weight)
Walking Lunges (same as above)
Romanian Deadlifts
Abductor Machine

Anything to add ladies?

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
This is one of the best butt exercises .. butt do it slowly and in a controlled manner , use one bumbell , using the opposing arm to the leg you are using ..
Don't do it like this guys does ,, develop your own slow controlled method .. try to get to 30 reps !, try just doing one leg for reps then the other ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15RCPjUBjRY

f.r.a.n.k.

f.r.a.n.k.

Jun 9, 2014
My ass always hurts the next day after lunges. Barbell, dumbell, or just bodyweight.
Recently having to go to the chiropractor so can't but heavy weight on my back. So after my leg routine, I do 5 sets of bodyweight lunges. Killer.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Sumo squats. cable kick backs. Heavy squats.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I'm no lady, but heavy glute bridges are awesome. Really isolate the glutes a lot more than most movements I've done.

Runningtotty

Runningtotty

TID Lady Member
Apr 24, 2014
I've been using the leg extension machine for kick backs, wow that hurts the day after. Lying leg curl but lighter than usual and squeeze at the top, don't use the full range and keep the tension on. Pause squats work for me too, full ass to grass slowly take 3 secs to lower, pause at the bottom for 2 secs then power to the top and hold the squeeze.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Squatting low bar w/ semi wide stance (low bar will bring more butt and hams into the lift)
sumo pulls
stadiums (great form of conditioning and lifts the butt at the same time)
lunges
glute ham raise (if you don't have the equipment for this then try a Russian Leg Curl)
glute bridges (can be done on floor or off a bench)

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
I've been using the leg extension machine for kick backs, wow that hurts the day after. Lying leg curl but lighter than usual and squeeze at the top, don't use the full range and keep the tension on. Pause squats work for me too, full ass to grass slowly take 3 secs to lower, pause at the bottom for 2 secs then power to the top and hold the squeeze.

^^^This

Compound heavy squats and lunges are great. But don't forget to hit some glute kickback and thrusters with a controlled motion and squeeze up top. You will feel it!

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Try reverse hack squats as another variation .

Sunset

Sunset

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2014
Barbell Hip Thrusts are my favourite glute exercise. I also think Romanian Deadlifts are great for glutes and hams.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic