Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

First Anavar cycle

L

Lottie14

May 19, 2014
Hi everyone

I'm currently on my first anavar cycle and just wanted to ask how long it usually takes to feel any effects?

I have done 4 days at 5mg per day and am now on day 4 of 10mg per day (split into 2 doses of 5mg). I haven't noticed any changes yet so am wondering if it takes a bit longer to kick in?

Any advice or comments would be appreciated, thank you.

BroomHilda

BroomHilda

TID Lady Member
Jun 2, 2013
All orals need a few days before they kick in. It could take anything between 5 days-2 weeks. Be patient

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
try 3-4 weeks to kick in :) just relax :)

and welcome ;)

you can always PM me with questions

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
My wife just finished 8 weeks of liquid var. By week 4 she was joking she couldn't flex her arms during work outs any longer due to the incredible pumps. She added quite a bit of strength and is hard as hell right now. Enjoy. It will come soon if it's legit.

L

Lottie14

May 19, 2014
Thank you all for replying.

That's re-assuring, thank you. I know I need to be patient and relax, guess a part of me was just worrying if I have legit stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few weeks :eek:

Just another quick question, I'm currently on week 4 of a cut so am in a calorie deficit. I'm just wondering if this will have a big impact on my results? I'm contemplating eating at maintenance during the cycle but not sure due to lack of experience with this.

Mt current stats are:

5ft8
30 years old
145lbs
Bench - 80kg 1RM
Shoulder press - 42.5kg 1RM
Rack pull - 170kg 1RM (can't deadlift or squat due to knee issues)

My diet is around 1790 calories (150g carbs, 185g protein and 50g fat) and I lift 6 times a week. I'm currently losing a 1lb per week with this intake.

So after rambling on (sorry!) my question is should I eat at maintenance or leave calories as they are? Ultimate goal is to drop body fat and at least maintain current strength but would be more than happy to gain more strength/size.

Thanks so much :eek:

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Thank you all for replying.

That's re-assuring, thank you. I know I need to be patient and relax, guess a part of me was just worrying if I have legit stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few weeks :eek:

Just another quick question, I'm currently on week 4 of a cut so am in a calorie deficit. I'm just wondering if this will have a big impact on my results? I'm contemplating eating at maintenance during the cycle but not sure due to lack of experience with this.

Mt current stats are:

5ft8
30 years old
145lbs
Bench - 80kg 1RM
Shoulder press - 42.5kg 1RM
Rack pull - 170kg 1RM (can't deadlift or squat due to knee issues)

My diet is around 1790 calories (150g carbs, 185g protein and 50g fat) and I lift 6 times a week. I'm currently losing a 1lb per week with this intake.

So after rambling on (sorry!) my question is should I eat at maintenance or leave calories as they are? Ultimate goal is to drop body fat and at least maintain current strength but would be more than happy to gain more strength/size.

Thanks so much :eek:

Well for me, I am always eating for maintenance and for most it would be considered eating for a cut lol My point being, eating at a deficit (unless it's ridiculous) you will be able to stay strong.

If you are not in a hurry, you don't say if you are competing, I would stay where you are at losing 1lb a week until you plateau and then reassess your diet. Or, you can drop your calories just a bit more right now and see how it goes.

It would help to know a bit more about your goals though besides the fact that you just want to lose fat :)

And, don't be surprised if your weight goes up now that you have upped your dose...many women retain water on var.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey there! Tomorrow will finish my first cycle on anavar. WOW. Love IT! I too didn't notice anything the first maybe 10 days or so as I was gradually increasing doses (just as you). But when I was at full dose. Whoa! I noticed pumps in the gym and overall hardness feeling. I could be sitting and it felt like I just worked out lol. I am lovin it so far. I just need to tighten down diet to achieve some more fat loss. Be patient and good luck!

L

Lottie14

May 19, 2014
I'm not competing so I don't have any time restraints.

I think i'll keep calories where they are for now and like you say if I plateau I can adjust again then.

I'm going to get my BF % measured today so I can keep an eye on that too, hopefully it will be going down. The machine at the gym isn't the most accurate but at least I can get a rough idea. My goal with this cycle is to get as lean as possible while keeping strength levels high and not losing any muscle. Normally hard to do on a cut but hoping the anavar will help :eek:

BovaJP - can I ask what dose you went up to? From what I've read it seems to be between 10mg - 20mg?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Lottie, sure. I'm at 20mg/per day. So I am using 10mg tabs 2x's/day.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I'm not competing so I don't have any time restraints.

I think i'll keep calories where they are for now and like you say if I plateau I can adjust again then.

I'm going to get my BF % measured today so I can keep an eye on that too, hopefully it will be going down. The machine at the gym isn't the most accurate but at least I can get a rough idea. My goal with this cycle is to get as lean as possible while keeping strength levels high and not losing any muscle. Normally hard to do on a cut but hoping the anavar will help :eek:

BovaJP - can I ask what dose you went up to? From what I've read it seems to be between 10mg - 20mg?

Sounds like a good plan. You could also use HIIT cardio to burn the fat, will help in not losing muscle. Pretty much you are looking at diet and cardio to attain your goals.

Yes, 10-20 is common :)

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
I started my first cycle in April and I've been logging it. I ran 10mg a day for 5 weeks and barely noticed differences, and then I increased my dosage to 15mg and started seeing differences.

It took me a WHILE to see/feel changes, but it also depends on the individual and dosing. Clearly, I was able to tolerate a higher dosage of the var I had (could just be super underdosed).

I have the same goals as you, as I'm contest prepping. Diet is DEFINTIELY key and I found that the var really helps me hold size while I do all my cardio :)

Good luck girl! I'll be keeping an eye on your log

L

Lottie14

May 19, 2014
Thank for the replies everyone :)

Still nothing to report but only day 9 so plenty of time.

One small thing I have noticed is my scale weight is fluctuating either way by up to 3lbs per day whereas prior to starting the var it was consistently going down. So hopefully that means the var is in my system at least?!

I've been doing HIIT 3 times a week so i'll keep going with that. My diet is pretty clean apart from one cheat meal a week so hopefully that'll help.

Sakura I have read your log and it's been really helpful to a newbie like me, so thank you. I'll keep my post updated too, i'm looking forward to having something to actually log though!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic