Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Carb backloading

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Anyone have any success or lack of using this method, whether it be during a bulk or cut???

Z

zodd

Mar 2, 2014
i era it was for dieting ihave a power magazine article that has the whole program .theres also a section on bulking called uncensored written by john keifer the creator of car bl so if you want to bulk his theory is like the movie supersize me which makes me think he's a irresponsible puke if you read the article you agree he assays mcdolds breakfast 4 sausage mcmuffins cherry pie hash browns and a whey shake lunch dennys whey shake anytime pint of ice-cream more junk food his theory is that its impossible to weigh over 200 eating clean and healthy and that processed food is more anabolic if you want i can get back with you and find the issue ... its completely off the grid even if it works you'd be dead if you do gear in 6 months i trryed it for 2 weeks i never felt worse i gained a few pounds so I'm not gonna believe this dude i think he likes shock talk

Z

zodd

Mar 2, 2014
il get back to you later on this I'm sorry my writing sucks I'm hungry ,

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I use it often. I use it to refeed after a very low carb or keto diet. I just did keto for about 6 weeks and now I'm backloading all my carbs post workout. It's filling me out quite nicely.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Zodd I have no clue what you said!!!

I eat a big carb meal before leg day at night, but as far as it being able to get you leaer or build mass better, Im hesitant to believe the articles Ive read. Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Maintaining the same cals, just moving them to the evening and going thru your workout and entire morning on non. Seems to negate everything Ive read or have seen in BBing

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I will be finishing year 2 of carb back loading this August.

Carb night works better to cut, then slowly transition in to CBL.

I compete in powerlifting and am too tall to drop a weight class and still be competitive because of the leverage I need on the squat and bench so I have to loosen up the diet a bit to keep my weight up - but it definitely works.

IN a nutshell - go zero carb for 2 weeks then transition to only eating carbs right after you lift and/or a little the night before a big workout.

When I dialed it in I checked measurements after 3 months and my waist was down 4" while my weight stayed constant. My wife had similar experiences with it.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I will be finishing year 2 of carb back loading this August.

Carb night works better to cut, then slowly transition in to CBL.

I compete in powerlifting and am too tall to drop a weight class and still be competitive because of the leverage I need on the squat and bench so I have to loosen up the diet a bit to keep my weight up - but it definitely works.

IN a nutshell - go zero carb for 2 weeks then transition to only eating carbs right after you lift and/or a little the night before a big workout.

When I dialed it in I checked measurements after 3 months and my waist was down 4" while my weight stayed constant. My wife had similar experiences with it.

Did you go bonkers with the feeding sessions post workout or were you a bit strict? I went and bought Oreo cookies and cream pudding, some chocolate chunk cookie batter, peanut butter cookie batter, cream cheese icing, chocolate icing.... No clue what I'm gonna do with all of it but it's gonna be nice. Not all at once but at least on the first night of carb reintroduction (Day 11).

I'm on Day 7 right now and feel like garbage! Scale says I'm 9 lbs lighter though...

Last edited:
raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
I went and bought Oreo cookies and cream pudding, some chocolate chunk cookie batter, peanut butter cookie batted, cream cheese icing, chocolate icing....

th

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I'm on Day 9 of the prep phase and have lost 10.4 lbs. If that's all I lose I get to have 955g carbs on my backloads (no homo)... Can't wait. Tuesday will bring good things to the belly (no homo).

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
10 lbs in 9 days is scary. I may have to give it a try.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Quick update / 11 lbs. lost in the prep phase of CBL... That puts my carb baseline at 1000g on workout days!

Hitting 202g of protein before my Backloading in the evenings is the goal. 129g of protein consumed after my workouts is also necessary. This is all on par to lose about 20 lbs long-term while maintaining or gaining as much strength as possible.

Let the adventure begin!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic