Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Fasting for Cleansing Purposes

88fiona

88fiona

Established Member
Nov 2, 2010
I'm just wondered if anyone else has done a fast for several days for cleansing and healing purposes? what was your experience?
i am due for one soon, every 6 month i cleanse my body for around 10 days by consuming freshly extracted juices and vegetable broth only.

after the first three days when the detox is in full swing i start feeling elated and almost euphoric
tongue.png
, i have more energy than ever, go for a jog every day (usually unheard of for me, but my body seems to demand the vigorous exercise). i feel fantastic and usually retain one or two permanent lifestyle changes ( the most important one was to give up coffee, the detox headache was just too much to bear and i didn't ever want to experience that again).

gone is the hayfever, the headaches and overall aches and pains after a fast, it is sheer bliss for me.

ProteinFarts

ProteinFarts

Apr 7, 2014
I've carb depleted that's about it. Never really fasted. Sounds like it works for you though!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I'm just wondered if anyone else has done a fast for several days for cleansing and healing purposes? what was your experience?
i am due for one soon, every 6 month i cleanse my body for around 10 days by consuming freshly extracted juices and vegetable broth only.

after the first three days when the detox is in full swing i start feeling elated and almost euphoric
tongue.png
, i have more energy than ever, go for a jog every day (usually unheard of for me, but my body seems to demand the vigorous exercise). i feel fantastic and usually retain one or two permanent lifestyle changes ( the most important one was to give up coffee, the detox headache was just too much to bear and i didn't ever want to experience that again).

gone is the hayfever, the headaches and overall aches and pains after a fast, it is sheer bliss for me.
Sounds like you are doing it right, I feel great when I fast. I usually fast one day a week although I have been doing quite a bit more recently; personally I think as long as it is done properly the health benefits are vast. This is pretty much what a normal day looks like for me right now and then I fast around this concept using juices, spirulina etc.

** First thing every morning ~ cup of warm water, 1/2 squeezed lemon, aloe juice & apple cider vinegar. This will replace my morning coffee
** No breakfast
** Lunch will be based around a salad depending on hunger, energy requirements etc
** Juicing every day ~ carrot, apple, pomegranate, kale, goji and ginger are the main ones I like
** Small snacks through the day, increased vegetable & fruit intake
** Final meal(s) before 7pm
** Bed by 10pm

All the best MF.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Most people in the BBing world will harshly criticize the idea of a cleanse. Most will tell you that you will instantly start to catabolize all muscle and no fat 3hrs after your last meal blah blah blah. Bunch of bullshit unsupported by science. That being said there is no good science I know of supporting the efficacy of a cleanse. My own personal experience has been this: about 6-7 years ago I had horrible tendonitis in both knees. I did a cleanse for about 9 days. I felt great (like you describe) after about the first 36-48 hours. The tendonitis went away and it has never come back. I'm thinking a cleanse should be in my near future. I've been so low on energy lately. Even with quality Provigil I'm still tired most days.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Nice post above ~ and by all means feel free to PM me if you want any info. I have been fasting now for a good number of years and through trial and error know how to avoid the pitfalls a lot of people can encounter.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I've done 4-5 day cleanses between seasons - if I've been on a very restricted variety diet to help process out the crap I didn't have the variety of diet to help break down / shuttle out, or if I've been eating sloppy and just need to transition into a good place to start a more restricted diet. I have a hard time going any longer than that because of the usually great drop in caloric intake and low availability of carbs or fat to operate on. I tend to get incredibly lethargic around that time.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Most people in the BBing world will harshly criticize the idea of a cleanse. Most will tell you that you will instantly start to catabolize all muscle and no fat 3hrs after your last meal blah blah blah. Bunch of bullshit unsupported by science. That being said there is no good science I know of supporting the efficacy of a cleanse. My own personal experience has been this: about 6-7 years ago I had horrible tendonitis in both knees. I did a cleanse for about 9 days. I felt great (like you describe) after about the first 36-48 hours. The tendonitis went away and it has never come back. I'm thinking a cleanse should be in my near future. I've been so low on energy lately. Even with quality Provigil I'm still tired most days.

Please don't take my comments as a personal affront, but the dearth of EVIDENCE supporting these unconventional practices is the primary reason MOST in the BB community fail to embrace them.

This is particularly true when said practices are being propagated thru the use of sensationalized infomercials which lack the credulity, discriminating minds require from the outset.

For example, the suggestion we must be cleansed periodically to "remove accumulated toxins". What utter nonsense, unless your trying to sell a product. The modus operandi? FIRST inform people they are "ill" (MANY will agree) and SECOND tell them you have the "cure", SOLD!

Am I suggesting certain dietary modifications such as occasional fasting, elimination of specific foodstuffs (carb loading or fasting for instance) are of NO BENEFIT on an individualized basis?

Of course NOT, but when the success of natural remedies are "confirmed" because of a few anecdotal experiences, there's a HUGE PROBLEM IMO!

Why?

Well for starters a "placebo effect" is often found to be responsible for the "successes" once evidence based trials are formally conducted.
Two prototypical examples come to my mind, GARLIC for Cholesterol reduction or Glucosamine/Chondroitin for arthritis, since NEITHER exceeded the benefits of placebo.

Respects
Jim

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Please don't take my comments as a personal affront, but the dearth of EVIDENCE supporting these unconventional practices is the primary reason MOST in the BB community fail to embrace them.

This is particularly true when said practices are being propagated thru the use of sensationalized infomercials which lack the credulity, discriminating minds require from the outset.

For example, the suggestion we must be cleansed periodically to "remove accumulated toxins". What utter nonsense, unless your trying to sell a product. The modus operandi? FIRST inform people they are "ill" (MANY will agree) and SECOND tell them you have the "cure", SOLD!

Am I suggesting certain dietary modifications such as occasional fasting, elimination of specific foodstuffs (carb loading or fasting for instance) are of NO BENEFIT on an individualized basis?

Of course NOT, but when the success of natural remedies are "confirmed" because of a few anecdotal experiences, there's a HUGE PROBLEM IMO!

Why?

Well for starters a "placebo effect" is often found to be responsible for the "successes" once evidence based trials are formally conducted.
Two prototypical examples come to my mind, GARLIC for Cholesterol reduction or Glucosamine/Chondroitin for arthritis, since NEITHER exceeded the benefits of placebo.

Respects
Jim

I've always looked at these "cleanse" things as a bit of a joke myself. This is a toxic world we live in and I don't see how not eating solid food for a few days is going to help you escape that. The juices they drink are probably GMO or laden with pesticide anyway.

I think the only way people that do this feel better has something to do with the fact that the colon is pretty much empty.

Oh and I have to of course bring up my favorite scam that became popular recently. The ion foot bath that is supposed to remove toxins from your body. You put your feet in this foot bath and they run some current through it or something. The water slowly starts turning brown and those are the toxins leaving the body. Except it happens without any feet in it too :azzhat:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic