Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Bench Form Critique Please

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I would like to get some feedback on my bench set up and overall lift please.

comments or opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Casca

Casca

Mar 30, 2014
Way to shorten the distance, nice setup concerning legs-maybe a bit left there, nice use of the very powerful TRICEP. Just couldn't tell if u retracted ur scap prior to lift. Overall nice and tight.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Way to shorten the distance, nice setup concerning legs-maybe a bit left there, nice use of the very powerful TRICEP. Just couldn't tell if u retracted ur scap prior to lift. Overall nice and tight.

Thanks man. I'm not sure where to place my feet. I wanna make sure I still get leg drive.

Any ideas ?

Casca

Casca

Mar 30, 2014
Hard to see the angle, It was hard to see if u were getting leg drive, didn't seem u used it it that set. Hell than u still have plenty in the tank still! Good job.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Can't see shit. Goddam photobucket sucks ass for hosting vids.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
nice beard brah!

Tighten up them glutes

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Turbo post a youtube link I can't see jack

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
ok worked on the PC...

It looks like you are unsure where to put your feet. You kept moving them around until you kinda found something. I'd say start with them up on the bench, arch your hips up in the air and then drop one foot at a time down to the side. You'll find a spot that allows you to keep the glutes tighter and you will get greater over all tightness from that.

You do a perfect job taking the hand off, and the bar settles down into your lats perfectly too. I think with that weight you could be bringing more force into the bar.

The real way to form check though is with near maximal weights. That's where shit comes unglued.

Start working in a pause for each rep and hold your lockouts for a 3 count.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Re did the video, its at the top of the page now.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
ok worked on the PC...

It looks like you are unsure where to put your feet. You kept moving them around until you kinda found something. I'd say start with them up on the bench, arch your hips up in the air and then drop one foot at a time down to the side. You'll find a spot that allows you to keep the glutes tighter and you will get greater over all tightness from that.

You do a perfect job taking the hand off, and the bar settles down into your lats perfectly too. I think with that weight you could be bringing more force into the bar.

The real way to form check though is with near maximal weights. That's where shit comes unglued.

Start working in a pause for each rep and hold your lockouts for a 3 count.

Thanks.

That makes sense about putting your feet up on the bench. I used to do that at the other gym and for some reason I stopped. I don't know why though.

I'll try it on my next bench session.

When you mention bringing more force do you mean more explosiveness out of the hole ?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Hard to see the angle, It was hard to see if u were getting leg drive, didn't seem u used it it that set. Hell than u still have plenty in the tank still! Good job.

Thanks. Looking at the video it doesn't look like there was much leg drive was there?

Can't see shit. Goddam photobucket sucks ass for hosting vids.

saaaaawwwwy

nice beard brah!

Tighten up them glutes

Thanks broski, gonna play around with it some more next week.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks.

That makes sense about putting your feet up on the bench. I used to do that at the other gym and for some reason I stopped. I don't know why though.

I'll try it on my next bench session.

When you mention bringing more force do you mean more explosiveness out of the hole ?

Yes. You have no sense of urgency

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic