Feb 22, 2012
would you do this? crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I wanna do that reaaaaaally bad man!

I've been wanting to go sky diving for a loooong time.

Hopefully one day.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Lol! When I was a child I wanted to be a jockey. I'd drop too but it looks like fun

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
I didnt watch the video, cant on this comp but youtube Jeb Corliss. Hes like the Ronnie Coleman of Wingsuit flying. Hes a straight nut job and pure bad ass.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I used to skydive.
Had my own rig and all that.
Didnt do that many jumps, around 180 or so.
Highest jump was almost 16,000 feet. lowest was around 2000.
Plane had problems and we had to exit.
Lowest opening was at 1000 feet. That was a big fcuk up.
Got a streamer and tried to shake it out for too long.

Landed in the middle of the forest once after a bad spot.
Landed in the backyard of a farm miles away from drop zone when we got spotted by radar due to cloud coverage.
The radar from the commercial airport located something like 160 miles away from the drop zone could only tell us if we had the right direction, not how far from the DZ.
We dropped over 100% cloud coverage. At 8500 feet we hit clouds (we did a 4 RW). When we could see ground we where over a lake.
Broke off and we all started to march towards land. All 4 of us landed in the backyard of a small farm. We had to ask to use their phone so someone could pick us up.
That was the last jump of the day :)

I had a pilot do the same thing you see here at 40 seconds into it, same type of plane.
As we where stacking the pilot grabbed my arm and said I will land before you.
We jump and next thing I see is the plane nose diving like you see in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlqyVT4jNc

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
When I learned that there was a weight limit I cut 6 pounds so that I could jump before it was too late..... Now at 330 I assumed that it wasn't an option for me.

A buddy of mine is an instructor and is swearing that he has a rig I can jump safely with..... so, maybe it's not out of the question.

I would do it in a heart beat if given the chance to fly a wing suit. Do they make 'em in 4xlt?

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
I've never done the wing suit but at the very start of the second video you see powered hang gliders flying around in the clouds. I fly something similar except it's a powered paraglider. It's the greatest thing ever! This summer we're going to do BASE jumps from the paragliders.

Last edited:
Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I used to skydive.
Had my own rig and all that.
Didnt do that many jumps, around 180 or so.
Highest jump was almost 16,000 feet. lowest was around 2000.
Plane had problems and we had to exit.
Lowest opening was at 1000 feet. That was a big fcuk up.
Got a streamer and tried to shake it out for too long.

Landed in the middle of the forest once after a bad spot.
Landed in the backyard of a farm miles away from drop zone when we got spotted by radar due to cloud coverage.
The radar from the commercial airport located something like 160 miles away from the drop zone could only tell us if we had the right direction, not how far from the DZ.
We dropped over 100% cloud coverage. At 8500 feet we hit clouds (we did a 4 RW). When we could see ground we where over a lake.
Broke off and we all started to march towards land. All 4 of us landed in the backyard of a small farm. We had to ask to use their phone so someone could pick us up.
That was the last jump of the day :)

I had a pilot do the same thing you see here at 40 seconds into it, same type of plane.
As we where stacking the pilot grabbed my arm and said I will land before you.
We jump and next thing I see is the plane nose diving like you see in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlqyVT4jNc

Those are some crazy stories man! You must be thankful you're still alive. I skydine myself but fortunately, I don't have any horror stories to share! To the OP, in order to fly with a wingsuit you have to be a very experienced skydiver before you attempt anything like that.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I've never done the wing suit but at the very start of the second video you see powered hang gliders flying around in the clouds. I fly something similar except it's a powered paraglider. It's the greatest thing ever! This summer we're going to do BASE jumps from the paragliders.

How can you BASE jump from a paraglider?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic