Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

New guy to posting any tips welcome

P

priceyefc

Jan 15, 2013
alrite, i am new to posting so if i dont write enough info down please ask me for more im happy for all the help i can receive.
as most people on this site im looking for the 'secret' to get gains i know this is all about training hard eating clean and being disciplined. now thats where i struggle the diet, like most people i love to snack on sugar and high carb snacks. i am starting to cut them down and soon to be cut out completely.
i have 1 main reason for writing on this forum is that wanting to gain size, do i cut then bulk or bulk on the frame i have now. i have alot of trouble adding muscle i dont notice much difference when working out in my frame or muscle mass and my weight is continuing to remain around the same. so before i go all out what way do you all think is best....
thanks for all the input in advance and i would love to keep you all posted on progress

i am 6' 1"
200lbs
28bmi

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hey. Nice to see you post up. I would suggest reducing your bf% first. Your body chemistry will be better off for it.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Welcome to the Den bro.

I was high bf% when I started and I bulked then cut. It took me 2 years to get around to really cutting and I am approaching 10% on my current diet.

Casca

Casca

Mar 30, 2014
Welcome, 3 of my 6 meals today consisted of a sweet potatoe and 10oz of fish.

There is no reason u can't bulk, however I do it with clean foods. Train hard, eat big, grow. Adequate rest is essential.

Comes down to consistency my friend, compound lifts, eating, resting---the whole 9.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think had I known how hard it actually is to get big, I would have hired a diet guy right off the bat. Consider it. Some of them are kinda pricey, but you generally get what you pay for. A real custom diet tailored for your needs and yes, even your wants will do amazing things to your physique.

Z

Zanny1

Apr 18, 2014
How long you been training and what's your age for a start of diet and training program for a start of.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Welcome to the board!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Welcome to the den.

Cut or bulk... the age old question. My answer would be... semi clean bulk with real conditioning ie. sled pulls, stadiums, etc.

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
If I could go back in time to when I first started lifting I wish I would have clean bulked the whole ride rather then dirty bulked till felt like a fat ass and came down. Why clean bulk you'll get decently lean and gain size so it's a little of both at a beginners level. Granted nothing like a pure bulk to make you ego feel great loved the feeling of making gains sadly gained a lot of fluff as well. Problem is after bulking for 2 years you lose any weight and you think your muscle is disappearing when it's really your fat you put on. Instantly I would think I was shrinking back to the 120lb twig I used to be. Ok I have body dsymorphia I admit it lol.
I'll end it by saying clean bulk.

P

priceyefc

Jan 15, 2013
thanks for all the comments im 24 ive been training on and off for about 1 year but when i get in to a consistent groove in the gym i get distracted. now is different i know its now or never to get the size i wish for. when im in diet mode its chicken, steak, lean mince and turkey. some times i have gammon (with fat) best part but once every 2 weeks cant complain. i eat alot of wholegrain foods brown rice brown pasta and sweet potatoes. broccoli and cabbage for the veg.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic