Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

GENETICS is EVERYTHING

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I been saying this for years. No one wants to hear it. If you don't have the genetics to become pro, its never gonna happen period end of story, get the fu ck over it! If you don't have superman genetics you will never step on stage with the top 20 guys in the world. I don't care if you are shooting 4 grams of test and 2 grams of tren per week and 30 IUs of GH per day. There aint 5 guys total on all the BBing forums I'm on who come close to Rich, yet even he knows he does not have what it takes to compete with the big boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXvnS0xXx9M&list=UUJHroOyfde4rZLTL2Zmk1UQ

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
gunslinger, I don't think this is an outrageous statement you're making. I think most people have a lot more potential than they ultimately reach, but to get up to the top 20 in the IFBB, you've got to have some special genetic dispensation.

I learned this clearly in college, when I roomed with a varsity basketball player. I played a lot in HS, and even started as a sophmore, so I was reasonably competitve, and I always wondered just how much better the college guys were than me. Well, I got to play with him in some pick-up games with some of the other Division I guys, and they toyed with me like I was a child. I was totally amazed at just how big and strong they were, and at the same time how quick they moved. Their first step was just amazing, and only a handful of those guys nationally make it to the NBA. All the practice in the world can't give you a body like LeBron with his quickness and instincts....

I don't let the fact that others are genetically superior to me bother me. I just work with what I have, and try to max my own potential. I've get a plenty ways to go.

ProteinFarts

ProteinFarts

Apr 7, 2014
That's not all together true. Take Markus Rühl. You can make yourself huge regardless. But yes, as you say, you will not win or even be top 10 without genitics on your side as well.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
gunslinger, I don't think this is an outrageous statement you're making. I think most people have a lot more potential than they ultimately reach, but to get up to the top 20 in the IFBB, you've got to have some special genetic dispensation.

I learned this clearly in college, when I roomed with a varsity basketball player. I played a lot in HS, and even started as a sophmore, so I was reasonably competitve, and I always wondered just how much better the college guys were than me. Well, I got to play with him in some pick-up games with some of the other Division I guys, and they toyed with me like I was a child. I was totally amazed at just how big and strong they were, and at the same time how quick they moved. Their first step was just amazing, and only a handful of those guys nationally make it to the NBA. All the practice in the world can't give you a body like LeBron with his quickness and instincts....

I don't let the fact that others are genetically superior to me bother me. I just work with what I have, and try to max my own potential. I've get a plenty ways to go.

I post this because I see guys on the boards every day who use the excuse of becoming a pro to justify their extreme over use of AAS. In reality they are either trying to just be the biggest guy in their little gym or they are delusional.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
First, there is no natural guy with a better physique than Rich. That part is BS. I don't care how good your genetics are.

Second, a dick size comparison? Really?

Yes genetics is king. That's why I need 1.5 grams plus to even look like I work out. Other guys pin 1 cc a week and gain 20 lbs.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
First, there is no natural guy with a better physique than Rich. That part is BS. I don't care how good your genetics are.

Second, a dick size comparison? Really?

Yes genetics is king. That's why I need 1.5 grams plus to even look like I work out. Other guys pin 1 cc a week and gain 20 lbs.

He said "better" not bigger. The two are not the same thing. As for "needing" a gram and a half to look like you even work out? I'd say you may want to rethink your diet or your source because something aint right.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
I have to agree completely. If you don't have the genetics, going pro will be close to impossible in almost any sport. Not to say that determination and hard work should be forgotten. But it is what it is. I find guys buddying up with some local pros. They tell them here's what I did to get here. And it just doesn't quite work out the same! If you have to slam a ton of gear to put on a few pounds of mass, it just ain't gonna happen!

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
That's not all together true. Take Markus Rühl. You can make yourself huge regardless. But yes, as you say, you will not win or even be top 10 without genitics on your side as well.

You're saying Markus ruhl had no genetics? Lol. He may not have been as pretty or proportional as top tiers, but he was one of the biggest ****ers out there. So in that sense, everyone should be able to be as big and ugly as Markus ruhl right? Lol.

There are people who can juice and train and eat as much as they want and never be much over 215lbs lean, and not look nearly what the 212 class in the ifbb looks like. As said, genetics is everything in this sport. Hard work and dedication determined whether you will be the biggest and leanest you can be, but genetics determines how big and lean that biggest and leanest you can be really is.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
He said "better" not bigger. The two are not the same thing. As for "needing" a gram and a half to look like you even work out? I'd say you may want to rethink your diet or your source because something aint right.

Yeah, I get it. Someone may be genetically more aesthetic but it's apples and oranges if you ask me. We all know what the so called natty guys look like and they don't compare.

As for my situation... I'm being a bit sarcastic when I say "just to look like I work out." I do, however, require a decent amount of gear. Many of the diets I use are posted here on the den. As for my source, I can't say who it is but I bet you would agree it's legit. I've been at this for a while now. If the answer were as easy as "diet" I would have figured that out by now... probably in the first year or two really.

I have come to accept my reality. I am, genetically, a small dude. I'm doing everything in my power to change that but it is exactly like Rich says...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
It's not just in bodybuilding either. In PL having the right proportions will give you a mechanical advantage in your lifts. Example a guy with T-Rex arms like RR has on the bench is going to have a bigger bench if using the same programming as a guy with longer arms.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
It's not just in bodybuilding either. In PL having the right proportions will give you a mechanical advantage in your lifts. Example a guy with T-Rex arms like RR has on the bench is going to have a bigger bench if using the same programming as a guy with longer arms.

Just remember t- rex With a grabber is unstoppable !

ProteinFarts

ProteinFarts

Apr 7, 2014
You're saying Markus ruhl had no genetics? Lol. He may not have been as pretty or proportional as top tiers, but he was one of the biggest ****ers out there. So in that sense, everyone should be able to be as big and ugly as Markus ruhl right? Lol.

There are people who can juice and train and eat as much as they want and never be much over 215lbs lean, and not look nearly what the 212 class in the ifbb looks like. As said, genetics is everything in this sport. Hard work and dedication determined whether you will be the biggest and leanest you can be, but genetics determines how big and lean that biggest and leanest you can be really is.

As I said I just used him as an example - he is no flex wheeler. Was he ever top 10? Maybe by a couple a couple times. The crowd loves him because he is massive. But he does not have the small joints or small waste to place. Aka doesn't have the genetics. There are many huge ****ers that get overlooked because they lack the pretty lines.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic