Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Electro muscle stimulation

B

Brian C

Sep 19, 2010
I have used it, I have my own machine and electrodes at home.

I got it as part of my chiropractor's routine, while I was working on my forearm tendinitis.

Theoretically it does help by stimulating the muscle and bringing blood to the damaged tissues, and it has a benefit in that sense. Like my partner says it has some intrinsic benefit. But that can be done other ways.

I didn't get much from it, based on my experience I don't think it's worthwhile. The more traditional physiotherapy approach has done me well. Anybody else is electro muscle stim?

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
(Waiting for the anal stim comments................)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
(Waiting for the anal stim comments................)

Well you were the first to go there bro.. just sayin.

I have an e-stim unit. It's an inexpensive one. 80 bucks. Runs on batteries. For a tendinitis it would take more than an estim for relief. You'd need to restore mobility to the effected area first and then run the e-stim on it. For example for "tennis elbow" you would want to wrap the elbow with voodoo floss to free up the tissues and make sure the elbow has a full range of motion including full extension. Once you do that (matter of minutes usually with floss) you then use the e-stim to flush out the debris through the lymphatic system.

I also like to use mine if I have a particular muscle that is very sore and I need it to work again soon. An example would be if I deadlift for a lot of volume on a friday and sunday night my lats are still sore I will use it on them so I can keep a tight back on squats monday night. Or if I'm pressing more than once per week say flat bench on wednesday and floor press on friday, I would stim on thursday night.

The point I want to be clear is that on its own, you won't realize its full benefits. But combined with other soft tissue mobilization like stretching, active release, ischemic compression or whatever other method you've got.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
Electrostim is a great way to supplement your strength training efforts. Isometric movements have a place in powerlifting and electrostim is proven to be as effective as isometric flexion (when the neural trunk is stimulated) over a greater range of motion.

Electrostim is proven effective at regenerative therapy for injuries and pain relief. Tens has been used for years in a clinical setting and is a staple in long term pain management of chronic and acute injuries.

You must be sure that you select the proper equipment to see the benefit. A machine that is capable of 2500hz in order to apply the current for maximum flexion without the maximal pain associated with that current. I

Will you be able to sit on your ass and not workout and total 2k? No. But does it have practical uses for any athlete? It does. It is an effective tool in the box. I love mine and couldn't part with it.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Use mine pretty much everyday on my lower back. Helps keep it form tightening up and keep the inflamation down. I also use it occasionally like POB if a muscle is really sore from a workout. LIke everyone else, wouldn't part with mine for nothing.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
They work if you use it the right way. After my rotator cuff surgery the pain I had while making certain movements was not going away. My physical therapist was trying different things but it wasn't resolved until they hooked me up to an EMS machine one day. They placed the pads on the back of my shoulders where the RC muscles mostly are, although the pain I had was in the front of the shoulder where it was torn. We went through a process where I would extend my arm for 10 seconds holding a 2lb dumbbell while the EMS would kick in hard. Then back down for 5 seconds, and repeated this process for a few minutes. The very next day the pain in the front of my shoulder was 80% better after being hurt for four months prior!

I now have a cheap $50 machine at home that does both TENS and EMS modes. I use it occasionally and it works, but sometimes you need a professional to help you figure out exactly how to use it most effectively.

chadstallion

chadstallion

Aug 8, 2011
it feels great on the shaft of the cock and thigh area.
just sayin' lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic