Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Evidence suggesting that clen might NOT need to be cycled

B

Brian C

Sep 19, 2010
I already knew that t3 up-regluated beta recpetors, so that might cancel out the down regulation that has been shown by clenbuterol.

I also already knew that Androgens, such as testosterone, can bind to these beta receptors and signal lipolysis as well.

But, I have only heard of steroids up-regulateing androgen receptors in skeletal muscle...these receptors are in the nucleus of the cell...beta receptors on fat cells are on the membrane of the cell.

But it appears that that steroids up-regulate beta receptors in adipose tissue as well! And because many people run "unnaturally" high amounts of testosterone/androgens when they run clen, that might be one of the reasons why so many people swear by running clen continuously with good results! (all the studies I am aware of that show clen's down-regulation of beta receptors were without use of steriods)

In the previous studies we have shown that testosterone increases lipolytic responsiveness to catecholamines in rat white adipocytes, and that is associated with an up-regulation of beta-adrenergic receptor density. However, the postreceptor events involved in the testosterone induced enhancement of beta-adrenergic receptor activated lipolysis in these cells have not been adequately studied, and were therefore investigated in the present study. Male Sprague Dawley rats were divided into three groups: control, castrated, and castrated treated with testosterone. The beta-adrenergic receptor-mediated cAMP accumulation, measured with RIA after isoproterenol (a beta-adrenergic agonist) stimulation was decreased in castrated rats, and reversed by testosterone treatment, suggesting a testosterone effect at or proximal to adenylate cyclase. However, no differences between the groups were found in abundance of G alpha protein messenger RNAs (G alpha s, G alpha i-1, and G alpha i-2) as analyzed by Northern blot and a solution hybridization RNase protection assay, or in G protein mass measured with a quantitative enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay in fat cell membrane preparation. Lipolysis stimulated by N6-monobutyryl-cAMP was reduced in castrated rats and recovered by testosterone treatment, suggesting that components distal to the adenylate cyclase, i.e. protein kinase A (PKA) and/or hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) also are involved in testosterone regulation of lipolysis. In conclusion, these and previous results suggest that the testosterone-induced increase in lipolytic response to catecholamines in rat white adipocytes is mediated through several events including an increased beta-adrenergic receptor density, probably an increased adenylate cyclase activity and an increased protein kinase A/hormone sensitive lipase activity at the postreceptor level with apparent absence of effect on the expression of G-proteins.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8384992

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Nice review! I may give this a shot in the future. I wonder why I lose the gittery feeling after 2 weeks on clen as I increase the dose?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Yea I saw this posted up last week I thought it was on this board even?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
To me this doesn't make a bit of a difference because I will not run clen without keto. Keto not only helps reduce the side effects of clen and makes me sleep like a baby, it upregulates the beta receptors.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I would be VERY hesitant to compare any rat study involving METABOLIC RATES (local or systemic) to humans. The mechanisms although similar are actually quite different in many respects and often render those studies useless as applied to humans clinically.

jim

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic