Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Are biceps curls with STRAIGHT bars safe or not?

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
Hi!
Just wondering if straight barbells are as safe as EZ bars for biceps curls.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Safe as in what way? They kill my wrists but many have no issue with them.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
safe as long as your elbows are tucked onto your torso. when you flare your elbow out, thats when you run into problem.
Bingo. OP take a second to put your hands in these two positions. You'll see with elbows in your wrists stay straight out rather than approaching the bar with wrists bent as they will be with elbows out.

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
safe as long as your elbows are tucked onto your torso. when you flare your elbow out, thats when you run into problem.

Thanks, in order words, doing barbell curls by the book is safe?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
If it hurts, don't do it. And mean hurt in a bad way. You can build great bis without them.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
you are going to have to learn that any exercise, or even every exercise has the potential to cause harm, I personally hate ez curl bars , they don't do a thing for me..get outside this comfort zone you seem to be in and start lifting seriously.Any risk for a boo-boo is outweighed by gain.

ProteinFarts

ProteinFarts

Apr 7, 2014
Ya expect some pain. It's not supposed to feel good. If it did everyone would be big. But ya unless you got some weird bones strait bar curls is a staple. It is for me at least. But if it hurts use the easy curl bar - hence it's name.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I use both, use whichever is most comfortable and allow for the best form :)

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
you are going to have to learn that any exercise, or even every exercise has the potential to cause harm, I personally hate ez curl bars , they don't do a thing for me..get outside this comfort zone you seem to be in and start lifting seriously.Any risk for a boo-boo is outweighed by gain.

"I've torn pectoral muscles, fibers in my knee, in my thighs, and once I had to have an operation to repair torn cartilage. Generally you let muscles heal by themselves or get cortisone shots. Injuries happen when your mind is beyond your body, largely when you think you're King Kong and lift weights heavier than the body can handle"
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER in 1977.

Last edited:

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
"I've torn pectoral muscles, fibers in my knee, in my thighs, and once I had to have an operation to repair torn cartilage. Generally you let muscles heal by themselves or get cortisone shots. Injuries happen when your mind is beyond your body, largely when you think you're King Kong and lift weights heavier than the body can handle"
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER in 1977.

unless you plan on being the next Arnold, don't think you or anyone really should think that injuries are necessary to lift.....lift smart and you will get strong :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic