Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Switching to Metal Militia

georgia21

georgia21

Aug 30, 2010
I am considering switching to the Metal Militia program as I have heard great things about it and am stalling out on the modified Westside routine that I've been doing over the past year. I've found that my bench and squat have stayed stagnant on WS while I disagreeistance maxes have all improved. The only lift that has increased has been my deadlift. I lift raw and lifetime drug free. I am just shy of 6'1" tall and weight around 225. I have moderately long arms, a long torso with low shoulders and short legs. I currently squat 425 (pr), bench 345 (pr=370) and deadlift 515 (former pr=455).

I've read the MM bench thread on the 100% Raw training forum but I've not been able to find a full (3 lift/whole body) MM routine.

I have two questions:
1) Is the MM training style good for raw lifters (with or without modifications)?
and
2) Where can I find a MM full routine for raw lifters that is well laid out?

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Just like with Westside - the guys in every camp are constantly evolving their methods. Start sending emails and reading training logs to find what they are currently doing. Big Iron ran something similar that works well for three lift competitors - that might be another way to go.

Without knowing more I can't help much with your stalling out problem but I can suggest gaining weight. It sounds like you're built to deadlift and have similar numbers to where I started....

After training for 6 years on my own I went 425-350-540 at my first raw contest ( 242 and drug free at 6'4")
I started training with a great, well known team a few months later.
After 7 months with the team I competed again and went 738-440-606 at 275 and drug free.....

What's the point?
1 - go find a team instead of trying to program yourself off of what other guys did 10 years ago.
2- gain weight and your squat and bench will go up.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I have been looking for info on MM for about a year and a half and can't find jack... I gave up and did what porky suggests. I got a team.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic