Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

My little Pony

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Picked her up today. My kids are going to love the Pony Lamp in the second pic. I, however, didnt realize that's what it was, and think it's stupid. lol

This car runs REALLY well. Paid $31k for it with Track pack, leather seats, Brembo brakes, Shaker system (Kinda silly too, but it's cheap), and 3.73 rear. Can't believe they actually offer 3.55; suckers. I def believe when they say it's the best running car for the price, hands down.

Last edited:
RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
But how much horse power... or should i say pony power

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
But how much horse power... or should i say pony power

About 420hp from the crank, and guys are getting around 370hp at the rear when dynoed. With a good tune, they are getting about 410hp to the rear, few more with an intake and exhaust, but it's not enough for me to want to do an intake. Going to just stick to exhaust and tune. When accelerating hard, I noticed a really hard drop in the rear, so a suspension might be in order as well. That actually might help acceleration a bit as well. From what I hear, they are pulling mid to high 12s with tune, and a 0-60 of about 4.2-4.5.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I test drove the CTS-V the other day. That was 556hp. All I can tell you is, I would seriously get myself in trouble with much more than 600 on the road.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Sweet ride man!

Congrats!

Is there any neccessary engine break in?

Casca

Casca

Mar 30, 2014
Awesome with a sweet bolt on turbo or supercharger, or even a little spray would make for a crazy ride.

Congrats, kids will love it for sure!!!! Be safe.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Sweet ride man!

Congrats!

Is there any neccessary engine break in?

There is always a recommended break in for new engines. Whether it actually works or not is a debate though. There was an article I read years ago discussing the fact that if you don't seat the rings properly within the first 50 miles or something like that, they will never get seated correctly. Too bad a lot of cars have at least 50 miles on them when you guy them (Test drives, being traded etc). The article discussed driving behavior and actually recommended running the engine really hard, the complete opposite of what the manufacturer recommends.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Did u trade the dirty max for that?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Did u trade the dirty max for that?

No, I refused to trade it. lol Wifey put my on a bit of a tight budget because I wouldn't trade the truck. I guess I could be sitting in the GT500 or something comparable if I did, but I would have regretted getting rid of my truck.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
No, I refused to trade it. lol Wifey put my on a bit of a tight budget because I wouldn't trade the truck. I guess I could be sitting in the GT500 or something comparable if I did, but I would have regretted getting rid of my truck.

Just making sure. I love the mustangs but love my diesels too. I had a customer who had full cooks exhaust on his 5.0 and it sounded good. His dumbass blew the motor and now has a new 5.0 and not sure what exhuast he has but I don't like the way it sounds. His car was running choppy sounding so I asked him what can he had in it. He said the factory one this is the tune that makes it sound like that. ? Wonder why u blew your motor? Making a car idel ruff and misfire. Lol dumbass kids man.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic