Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Does letrozole work on old Gyno?

S

Steve Armstrong

Sep 16, 2010
I have some pre existing gyno from years ago. As I have gained weight over the years it has gotten much worse. My left side is a lot worse. I'm wondering if letro can take it away. Does Letro work on both fat tissue and mammory glands associated with gyno? I seriosly have a boob on my left side. As I get fatter so much more fat tissue develops on the left than the right. I also have a few lumps under the nipple. Any advice will be appreciated. Right now I am on Albuterol trying to get my body fat down and then I was going to do a Cycle of EQ and Anavar should I wait to run letro with that? Thanks.

INTG

INTG

Apr 13, 2014
I don't know about pre existing gyno, but most guys do a compound of letro and nolva. 2.5mg letro daily and 40mg nolva/day for a week then cut the doses in half and run another week and it seems to either take the lump down so much its barely noticeable or gets rid of it altogether.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
You can always try. From my experience, No. I've tried letro, nolva, and even fu.cking injecting PGCL directly into the gyno. Yes, it FU.CKING hurt!

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Excellent question because gynecomastia appears to be associated with more "bro science" than most other AAS associated medical ailments. (That's not to be misconstrued as a perjorative comment)

First and foremost one should acknowledge this fact: NOTHING reverses the hyperplastic glandular breast tissue seen in some prepubertal patients and in SOME of those using AAS, EXCEPT surgery!! Understand hyperplastic tissue has a different STRUCTURE and FUNCTION compared to the surrounding stroma.

Moreover although essentially every male has some breast tissue about the areolar region, it's RESPONSIVENESS to E-2 and QUANTITY is what determines whether gynecomastia is manifest should AAS be used.

Therefore if you already have an abundance of hyperplastic breast tissue and begin an AAS cycle, especially one which increases E-2 via aromatase, the condition will NO DOUBT WORSEN.

However there are some measures one can take to diminish the cyclical effects such as SERMs and AIs. That being said it's important to remember gynecomastia is A LOCAL CONDITION and is best treated using local therapies such as SERMs rather than AIs.

Ultimately the best option is surgery which I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND especially for those with unilateral disease, as yourself.

jim

Last edited:
INTG

INTG

Apr 13, 2014
Excellent question because gynecomastia appears to be associated with more "bro science" than most other AAS associated medical ailments. (That's not to be misconstrued as a perjorative comment)

First and foremost one should acknowledge this fact: NOTHING reverses the hyperplastic glandular breast tissue seen in some prepubertal patients and in SOME of those using AAS, EXCEPT surgery!! Understand hyperplastic tissue has a different STRUCTURE and FUNCTION compared to the surrounding stroma.

Moreover although essentially every male has some breast tissue about the areolar region, it's RESPONSIVENESS to E-2 and QUANTITY is what determines whether gynecomastia is manifest should AAS be used.

Therefore if you already have an abundance of hyperplastic breast tissue and begin an AAS cycle, especially one which increases E-2 via aromatase, the condition will NO DOUBT WORSEN.

However there are some measures one can take to diminish the cyclical effects such as SERMs and AIs. That being said it's important to remember gynecomastia is A LOCAL CONDITION and is best treated using local therapies such as SERMs rather than AIs.

Ultimately the best option is surgery which I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND especially for those with unilateral disease, as yourself.

jim

Since he already has gyno a serm isn't going g to treat it, its just going to block any estrogen from doing more damage when he's on cycle next time around and if he takes his AI's properly and keep estrogen down then he won't have a problem anyway. It is true that only surgery can reverse the problem completely though

C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
Since he already has gyno a serm isn't going g to treat it, its just going to block any estrogen from doing more damage when he's on cycle next time around and if he takes his AI's properly and keep estrogen down then he won't have a problem anyway. It is true that only surgery can reverse the problem completely though

Not necessarily. If gyno is an issue, SERM is the treatment of choice for prevention, not AI.

Regards
CBS

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I would start with Tamoxifen. I had pubertal gyno. Had surgery, it came back. Had second surgery, it came back. Used tamoxifen and after about 4-6 months of treatment it was almost completely gone. I can manage it very well when it flares up now with just a little tamoxifen for a couple months at most. I usually only need to take the tamoxifen maybe once or twice a year. Certainly less invasive than surgery.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Not necessarily. If gyno is an issue, SERM is the treatment of choice for prevention, not AI.

Regards
CBS

SERM is the preferred choice to treat existing gyno. Specifically tamoxifen for me. But if gyno is a recurring issue, aromatization is occurring, so an AI would help to prevent aromatization.

I am on TRT and usually only throw in a couple of small cycles a year due to getting regular blood work. When I do cycle I use an AI and it definitely keeps aromatization from occurring.

As I stated previously, I have a recurring gyno issue since I was very young. I have contemplated going on an AI permanently, but I would prefer to be on fewer drugs long term rather than more drugs. Also there is more data on long term use of SERMs vs. AIs.

I am tempted though. 12.5mg exemestane every 2-3 days forever...or 10mg nolva for 2 maybe 3 months a couple times a year...

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
The answer to your inherent question regarding gyneco recurrence is quite likely the SAME mechanism which occurs in females using AIs, SERMs or both for breast CA.

They include tolerance to the effects of AIs or SERMs, the INABILITY to COMP[LETELY ELIMINATE E-2 production (for example neither AIs or SERMS effect adrenal production of E-2, and the inherent difficulties of treating a LOCAL ailment with systemic therapy WITHOUT the development of intolerable side effects.

(There are actually 3-4 more which are postulated yet those listed are reasonably well documented)

jim

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
CEO it would seem your condition is therapeutically similar to those females with breast CA, resection of the estrogenic tissue provides the BEST chance for cure.

jim

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
CEO it would seem your condition is therapeutically similar to those females with breast CA, resection of the estrogenic tissue provides the BEST chance for cure.

jim

so I should have yet another surgery?

DrMehta

DrMehta

Apr 5, 2014

jim
Great advice, I could not agree more.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic