Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Area between forearms and the end of my wrist, growth question?

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
Gentlemen, I've been working my forearms out every other day to try to get some size built up, but the area from the end of my forearm muscle to the end of my wrist will not grow. I have absolutely no meat there to build up the area, from the end of my forearm. I have a good 6" from the end of my forearm muscle to the end of my wrist. I'm hitting my forearms hard, doing 4 different exercises for reps and all I get is blood vessels popping up, between the end of my forearm on the end of my wrist. Any suggestions to get this area built up, I don't know what to do? rt...

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
It sounds like you have high insertion points. I'm not sure there is much you can do.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
challenge your grip by not relying on straps on pulling movement. also high rep db curls(but not light) can help. try 50 reps with 25-30lb dbs and see how they feel. even with all those, if you have long forearms with small wrist, they'll always be behind the rest of bodypart. genetics man...

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
I see, because my limbs are so long, I won't be able to add anything from my forearms to my wrist, and also from my calf muscle to my ankle. From the tip of my middle finger to the top of my knee is 4.5", like you said, its genetics. Oh well, I can only do what I can do with my body type. Thanks for educating me! rt...

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
lee haney recommended decline barbell wrist curls to potentially fill in this gap and build you 'indian' forearms..but along with calves, forearms seem to be a sticking point for alot of trainees.

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
You can try a wrist roller, either you can buy it or make it yourself. Wrist roller exercises+ biceps curls+ reverse biceps curls helped me a lot to make thicker forearms. Forearm exercises with Barbells are not full range of motion, with a wrist roller you would see great results within a month.

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
lee haney recommended decline barbell wrist curls to potentially fill in this gap and build you 'indian' forearms..but along with calves, forearms seem to be a sticking point for alot of trainees.
Lee Haney had a wrist surgery in 1981. Wrist rollers are safer than barbell wrist curls.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Lee Haney had a wrist surgery in 1981. Wrist rollers are safer than barbell wrist curls.

hmmmm, I didnt know that, so do leg presses because they are safer than squats? got it.

D

doukkali

Apr 12, 2014
hmmmm, I didnt know that, so do leg presses because they are safer than squats? got it.

Ronnie Colman underwent a spinal surgery in December 2011 plus he had recently a back surgery.Dorian Yates got injured because of squats. So yeah press legs are better and safer than back squats.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ronnie Colman underwent a spinal surgery in December 2011 plus he had recently a back surgery.Dorian Yates got injured because of squats. So yeah press legs are better and safer than back squats.

what the???

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011

Whoah whoah whoah.....you're getting off topic here...

First off, Genetics will prevent you from filling in that gap for your forearm however fat grips, reverse curls and more dead lifts/block pulls/shrugs that will help you with your forearms all around and build up the other areas.

Now, for your other comment.

There is no fukking way that a leg press is safer and more effective than a squat. Your comparison of naming two top BB'rs hold ZERO water within your argument and neither of them were confirmed that is was directly related to squats at all.

With a leg press, where does all that weight sit on? Your lower lumbar, your hips, psoas, and hip flexors...hardly safer than a squat at all.

"Dorian yates got injured because of Squats?" Sorry, this comment is just stupid.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic