Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Those damn jagged metal edges around the stopper

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm talking about the metal edges that are left over after popping the cap off of a vial. Occasionally I'll see that one of those metal edges has caught a cotton fiber from the alcohol pad. My Rips are terrible. The stopper is so small and its surrounded by these edges. Anyone have any tricks?

Some stoppers have a small ring molded into them right in the center where you push the pin through. Has anyone noticed that sometimes after swiping the stopper, this area has remained dry? Any tricks for this?

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
I feel your pain GS, but I don't have a solution for those tiny metal pins that stick up. All I do is go with the flow and remove any cotton threads that get stuck.

But on the dry part: I use Hydrogen Peroxide to swipe because it does not dry out the tops. And then swipe again with a clean cotton to remove any excess HP. (I don't use alcohol.)

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I push them down with the top of my thumbnail, and smooth them out (trying not to touch the rubber stopper while doing it). They still catch some fibers sometimes, but not as bad as when they are sticking up!

T

TheNeed

Jan 12, 2014
Just turn the vial upside down and push it into a hard, flat surface, like glass or a countertop, and turn the vial about a 1/2 spin around while applying a little pressure and that will smash all that shit down.

Ok, I have to ask - is this question a joke?

D

doyle75

Apr 12, 2014
I hope its not a joke. I have had this problem before but never really gave it a second thought.
but now I know how to fix this problem

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Just turn the vial upside down and push it into a hard, flat surface, like glass or a countertop, and turn the vial about a 1/2 spin around while applying a little pressure and that will smash all that shit down.

Ok, I have to ask - is this question a joke?

Not a joke at all. Thanks for the idea.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic