Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Collagen Type 2 questions - need help

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Ok I picked up some Collagen type 2 with my last inject able vitamin order and the thought was to inject around my knees to see if I could get some more overall relief there.

Problem is, I'm not sure if that is how this stuff is intended to be used now. LOL I don't know whether it it a global type item that you can pin anywhere and it benefits the whole body, or if it is site specific. The vial says it is for Deep subq or IM injection so I don't think it's the facial filler stuff, at least it wasn't sold that way.

If anyone has experience with this I would love to hear your suggestions.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
RS:

I don't have experience, but I have a biology degree, and have paid attention. From what I know about it, Collagen is most likely not soluble in large concentrations and when injected will probably stay put, so you'd better be careful and figure this out before using it.

Here is a link to a short article that backs me up on it staying put and has other information. Collagen and Other Injectable Fillers

Because you can have an allergic reaction to it, you should test yourself with a small amount before using it. If you get the allergic reation (swelling and redness at the inject site) don't use it.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
I'm with you woods and thanks. But there's a difference in type 1, 2 and 3. 1 and 3 are skin collagens and 2 is cartilage collagen. The idea was to strengthen the cartilage in my knees (and other joints) but like you are saying, I've always known it to stay where injected. Initial thought was to inject around the knees. Now I'm scared of it. LOL I did find a research study where rats where injected with type 2 transdermally and the researchers were tying to Cause Arthritis. It was successful in 50% of the rats. I don't wanna make my shit any worse. There are orally prepared Type 2 collagens that are to help joints so I'm confused as to why an injectable wouldn't be just as if not more effective. I know the oral has to pass through the liver but that's the only difference I'm seeing.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Injecting "collagen" into an area void of same is like combining sand, portland cement and water without mixing them, it just doesn't work that way. Obviously the problem then becomes HOW TO INTEGRATE the injected collagen into the existing, yet deficient, joint matrix.

Although several "surfactants" have been used medically, because they do nothing more than COAT THE JOINT SURFACE, their effectiveness is limited to the injected drugs half life, of e few days.

Finally I would not recommend ANY non-medical professional perform intra-articular injections because of the risk of infections, immune reactions or articular damage itself.

Regarding the use of Chondrotin and Glucosamine, although some patients DO appear to benefit, the combined efficacy has not been shown to exceed that of placebo.

jim

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Thanks Jim. Sounds like the stuff I have is going in the trash.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
^^^^ Definitely the right choice in this case bro.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Trash? Wait because collagen is a protein matrix, eating it is not an entire waste
of time :)

Lol so you're saying squirt the dose in my mouth?

I'm just perplexed why this company produced an IM or subQ solution.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
No in that instance, locate the nearest trashcan and practice "hoops" :)

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I'd advise checking with your Dr. First. However, I need to point out, that most all individuals who are getting the injections into the knee's or other joints are developing allergy's to mold, pollen, dust...ect, when they never had them before. It seems that whatever matrix is being injected there is a immune reaction that's starting in the body. Just be careful and do your research.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic