Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

I LOVE Beef Jerky

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
No, not the kind that's between my legs.....figured FD might have gotten excited at the title of the thread.

Seriously though, I love beef jerky

Jack Links
Matador
Oberto
Occasional slimjim
Sweet baby rays.

Been on a teriyaki kick lately but now I'm spending too much money at the gas stations and it's time to stock up.

Anyone buy bulk or have any others online that you like?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Been making my own for a little over a year now, so much better!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I used to have a dehydrator and tried to do my own back around 04'-05' but mainly stuck to zuchini sticks, bananas, mangos, apples etc.

I might go that route

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Yea homemade is awesome.

Nocething about jerky is it's full of protein and not tons of fat in it.

they have turkey jerky too I think.

i didn't know sweet baby rays made beef jerky!

gonna look out for that one!

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Oddly enough, Wal Mart has the best jerky.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I always keep some in my office in case I am still hungry after eating my regular meals that I bring with me each day.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
anyone buy bulk?

I actually buy 2 packs of thick cut pork chops at Costco, slice them down myself, marinate them for a day in whatever seasonings I want and get about 4lbs out of it. I also get the bulk chop meat from Costco and I have a jerky gun that you load the chop meat in with the spices and either make strips or slim jim style. So much cheaper and you can regulate the salt and spices yourself.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I actually buy 2 packs of thick cut pork chops at Costco, slice them down myself, marinate them for a day in whatever seasonings I want and get about 4lbs out of it. I also get the bulk chop meat from Costco and I have a jerky gun that you load the chop meat in with the spices and either make strips or slim jim style. So much cheaper and you can regulate the salt and spices yourself.

I'm sold. Thanks bro

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Get some seasonings here and add to them, I add spices and cut the salt in half, maybe more depending on what I am marinating in. If I add soy or teryiaki I cut almost all of the salt out. If you plan on storing it, make sure you either use more salt or keep it in the fridge or freezer, it will grow mold w/o all the salt.

NESCO® Jerky Seasonings, Cure and Spice Kits | Official NESCO® Store

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Get some seasonings here and add to them, I add spices and cut the salt in half, maybe more depending on what I am marinating in. If I add soy or teryiaki I cut almost all of the salt out. If you plan on storing it, make sure you either use more salt or keep it in the fridge or freezer, it will grow mold w/o all the salt.

NESCO® Jerky Seasonings, Cure and Spice Kits | Official NESCO® Store

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic