Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

New female here & coming up on 40

nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
Hello every 1.???s
Any input on how someone could fix their diet in my situation? Seems to be the only thing I am struggling with.

I have just recently gotten back n 2 the gym. I am 38 yrs old. I have no prob with the descipline of training b/c i work out atleast 5x/wk.Quit smoking like 6 or 7 months ago & thats when i got back n2 fitness. Ya know... replaced it with positive stuff. Competitive in my high schooland college career so have working familiarity with fitness. I am an easy gainer as well. But then I shoot my slf in the foot with my diet. My sweet tooth gets me every time. Its worse I think b/c I take Suboxone which def increases my already sweet sweet tooth. lso I thinI have 3 children, the two youngest being 3 yr old twins which is also I think aother reason y I'm struggling losing that last pocket of fat around my lower abs.

Not sure this even makes any sense but thought I would try any way. Everything that I have found on the site has been fantastic. Thank u all 4 all that u do!!!! Any suggestions at all would b helpful

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Congrats on getting back in the gym, and huge congrats for quitting smoking! I also think its challenging just to find time for yourself w/ a house full of young kids. Again, kudos!

RE: Diet - I also have zero problem w/ the gym - I would spend all my time in the gym if I could. Given I am a professional cube monkey, I don't spend all my time in the gym, but I have spent a little part of most every day in the last 33 years in the gym and still love it. That said, the diet is where I suffer. And its not so much that I crave bad food. I just have a very hard time when I'm not on a structured diet. I think a structured diet will help you - one of the greatest ways I can sabotage myself is the random cheats. If I stick to 1 scheduled cheat meal / week, it tends to take the randoms off the table. I'm not familiar w/ Suboxone, but you might need to do some research or talk to your doc about some recommendations or even coping skills to work w/ that additional effect. Or if you can identify the tendencies it introduces and alter your schedule, your associations or your response to those tendencies.

And overall, it is near impossible to make any specific suggestions w/o knowing more about your specific case:

- what does your current typical day's meal plan look like? Can you post portions, etc. And better, put it into a food counts program like FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and get a reasonably accurate idea of the real number of calories and macros (% & grams of protein, fat, carbs) that you are eating.
- what are your current stats - wt, height, any sense of bodyfat?

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Welcome to TID newcomer!

It's obvious you already have your plate full of responsibilities and their successful completion on a daily basis would be a challenge for anyone! So reward yourself and have that which is most satisfying on occasion, sweets!

Yep it's fine because we ALL have vices but the task is to CONTROL those cravings rather than allowing them to CONTROL YOU!

Oftentimes people who are attempting a lifestyle change take on TO MUCH AT ONCE and regress as a consequence. Don't go there gal, because not achieving set goals can make us stronger but it can ALSO generate feelings of FAILURE, and if significant enough, DEPRESSION.

So be reasonable about that what you EXPECT to achieve as LEGITIMATE SHORT and LONG term goals!

In that regard it would be VERY helpful for you to locate a workout partner who has similar goals, and will enable mutual support.

BUT what's most important, you keep on chugging and COMMIT YOURSELF to ONE LONG TERM OBJECTIVE, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION. Do that and although there will be multiple bumps along the way, you WILL SUCCEED!!!!

Best wishes
jim

Last edited:
nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
Omg thank you so much all of you. Sorry took so long for me to respond. Still getting use to finding new posts n threads and stuff so honestly I didn't realize that new posts had been posted. Sorry. uhhhh kids. more update later.

brutus79

brutus79

Dec 27, 2013
Welcome- you have already made huge strides quitting smoking- and quitting what led you to the suboxone. Congratulations1

nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
Welcome to TID newcomer!

It's obvious you already have your plate full of responsibilities and their successful completion on a daily basis would be a challenge for anyone! So reward yourself and have that which is most satisfying on occasion, sweets!

Yep it's fine because we ALL have vices but the task is to CONTROL those cravings rather than allowing them to CONTROL YOU!

Oftentimes people who are attempting a lifestyle change take on TO MUCH AT ONCE and regress as a consequence. Don't go there gal, because not achieving set goals can make us stronger but it can ALSO generate feelings of FAILURE, and if significant enough, DEPRESSION.

So be reasonable about that what you EXPECT to achieve as LEGITIMATE SHORT and LONG term goals!

In that regard it would be VERY helpful for you to locate a workout partner who has similar goals, and will enable mutual support.

BUT what's most important, you keep on chugging and COMMIT YOURSELF to ONE LONG TERM OBJECTIVE, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION. Do that and although there will be multiple bumps along the way, you WILL SUCCEED!!!!

Best wishes
jim
Fantastic advice. Thanl you so very much.

G

Geisha

May 4, 2014
Good for you one quitting smoking. Sassy gave some gems of info for you, so I wish you well in this new chapter of your life.

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
welcome, and congrats on the new goals!! This is the place to be for great, honest info :) enjoy!

H

Hypertrophy3

Jul 8, 2014
Nousername, I too am on suboxone treatment. I'm at 12mgs a day for pain. This medication will give you sweet cravings! I was never much of a sweets eater, until I went on the suboxone in March. If you need any help, feel free to PM me anytime! Best of luck! Remember, your not alone, we're here to help!

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Nousername, If you need any help, feel free to PM me anytime! Best of luck! Remember, your not alone, we're here to help !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got that right HT, and either of you should feel free to contact me with confidence at any time!

Respects
Jim :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic