Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Over seas plastic surgery?

J

jeanettes

TID Lady Member
Dec 4, 2010
With all the controversy in the US these days about going over seas to get cosmetic surgery, I wonder where you ladies stand in the matter? Many women will go anywhere for plastic surgery just for the sake of saving money or because they were denied by a US doctor. So I have some questions for you and I would like to hear from ladies in the US as well as different countries... Do you agree with seeking out overseas surgeons to save money? Do you think it is risky? Would you do it? Have any of you had any experience with this or know of anyone who has? Was it a good or bad experience? Was it worth it? Thanks ladies! I think this might be helpful to a lot of women who are considering over seas plastic surgery.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
welcome :)

No, I haven't and wouldn't but that's just me :)

Here is a post from another female that did.....

After years and years of researching, I went ahead and had mine done in Nov 2012. This was basically straight after my first comp season and I really didn't allow for the changes in weight after I had them, which is my only regret. I really should have gone for the larger implant, however, I was too conservative!

I'm very short (5ft), in proportion and have always had broad shoulders/back. I also have a prominent chest plate (my fiance hates it!) which I had to take into consideration as well. Size before implants was about a B (when I was younger + fatter I did have natural Ds) but was basically no boob! Ended up with 325cc high profile over muscle and love them!!! I hardly have any scars at all either, was walking around a huge shopping centre the day after my surgery and haven't had any complications whatsoever since then.

I got them done in Thailand too, I had heard all the horror stories they show on the current affair type shows (Australia loves a good controversy!) but after seeing a few girls I know with great boobs, I decided to go there. I was quoted in Sydney by two Drs $12,000 and $10,000 for tear drops and a lift, which I didn't think I needed (well not yet anyway). Meanwhile, my WHOLE trip (flights from Syd - Bangkok, 10 days accom, surgery + hospital fees etc) cost me $5000. A HUGE saving!

Anyways, sorry for the long babbling message, I really do get excited talking about them as I feel like a different person now. It's definitely something you have to be sure of and like the other girls suggest, research!

If you're worried about the pain, it's really not worth your worry! Afterwards I felt like I had done a huge chest session and the only thing for me that was close to pain was getting up once you've been lying down in the few days after surgery, it just felt weird as you have these new heavy things on your chest hahaha

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I know a lot of people are going to Mexico for dental work. Not sure how I'd feel about cosmetic surgery. I think I would to go see the facility and see patients first. Do your homework

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Plastic surgery abroad is just as safe as it is here but I'm not talking about some cheap bullshit doctor. The US isn't the plastic surgery capital in the world which means there are places just as good if not better out there. And oh yeah.... they very well may cost MORE than having it done here in the US.

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
As BI said the US is not the plastic surgery guru. I have had dental work and Lasik surgery in mexico and had and continue to have no problems. Check out the doctor and the facility first. Lasik was in Monterrey in a hospital that was clean, new and well staffed. The doctor was trained in the US and the Lasik machine was the same as in the US at the time. It did help to speak a little Spanish, the doctor spoke English but the nurses did not. This is not the border Mexico we think about.

Sunset

Sunset

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2014
Personally no but I've been on other forums where other women have chosen to go overseas with good results. Generally the good overseas Dr's will have good reputations on plastic surgery forums. If the Dr is known and has a lot of independent testimonials then it would be something to consider. These Dr's often provide consultations prior to travel via Skype etc. I would not visit a Dr that is unknown or who you haven't had contact with prior to the surgery.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
My wife had a boob job in Belgium ( we live in the UK ) with fantastic results . Her advice is the same as Sunset ^ she said also to remember to check what the situation is like for aftercare because although she healed fine if you run into complications you won't be easily accessible .

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I have been looking into some pretty extensive work for myself, to have 2 procedures done here, a fluer de Lis abdominoplasty with reconstruction and scar removal to repair my core, and implants( no lift or anything needed) here in my nearest metropolitan with the top doc is going to run me just under $17k. I have a hard time stomaching that number, and started looking, Costa Rica is my choice of places, there is a u.s. Board certified surgeon who is a top doc, and 24hr, all inclusive recovery hotels, that cook well balanced meals and take care of you during recovery, the cost of just those 2 things, and all my expenses, first class flights, 2.5 week stay, etc comes in around $8500 to do it there... I have 2 major hesitations , 1st is trying to get the time to do it, and 2nd being I have had major complications from stomach surgery, causing the need for this one, and I don't want to be stuck abroad when they go back into my stomach. I most likely will have that Done here, and anything else done in Costa Rica...

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Good luck DC. Not an easy decision to make

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic