Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Cellphone in the gym

S

sniper33

Sep 19, 2010
Do you chat on your cellphone while you are working out I see a lot of people chatting and texting away on their cellphone between sets, the only way I chat on my phone while I am working out is unless its a serious emergency, I always say I am working out call me later.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I keep my training on my cell. Yes I occasionally text on it too

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Only if im sending GK or gman selfies.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I have been know to text in between sets, its usually to tell my other gym buddies what I just pulled, lifted etc....:)

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Do you chat on your cellphone while you are working

No; but then again I don't have any friends so I have no one to talk to in the first place.

If it ever rang while I was in the gym I wouldn't answer it unless it was one of my kids. But they never call anyway...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Do you chat on your cellphone while you are working out I see a lot of people chatting and texting away on their cellphone between sets, the only way I chat on my phone while I am working out is unless its a serious emergency, I always say I am working out call me later.

Me, I do not, for the time it takes to do one damn workout 4-5 days of the week the workout is more important than staying connected to the outside world. What other ppl do is none of my business, EXCEPT as it affects MY business. Probably doesn't apply to anyone here, but no gym I have ever been in doesn't have ppl who fondle their phones while they are tying up easily adjusted machines or distracting someone serious as they wander aimlessly right around the rack or bench or section of db rack you are using. There's always been some form of mindless rudeness in gyms, but the proliferation of cell phones only increased the problem.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
To be clear. I would never talk on my phone while training. That is rude.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
To be clear. I would never talk on my phone while training. That is rude.

lol, neither would I and honestly I have only seen it a few times at my gym, I don't think its something that is done in great numbers :)

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
My Phone goes in the locker when I hit the gym. Seems like I am the only one though because EVERYONE around me has a damn phone and is texting or taking selfies or talking on the thing.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I feel like my phone would get smashed. iPod only.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah, I never used to, only took my phone out to change songs and scroll through for a new one... Even when I made playlists I just felt like different songs depending on my mood so I had my phone out between sets. But I lost my headphones and it all went down the drain just started texting and stuff, if I have to take a phone call I walk to the front of the gym and get it over with as quick as possible. Gotta break out of the phone hanbit

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic