Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Last week before a meet

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
I have decided that before a meet I will include a few low percentage singles to keep me in my groove for the meet. I have traditionally taken the week off, but I feel like a few 30-35% singles early in the week helped me last time. I am always taking at least 4 days off before the meet.

Any thoughts? Let me know how you survive the last week without a bar in your hands or on your back. Or if you think a few low intensity singles might be helpful from a familiarity standpoint.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I do a lot of mental work going through the lifts in my mind.

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
If it weren't for stupid shit I would have nothing to do.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I usually just do mobility type stuff and try to keep loose. For some reason I always tighten up in that week. I tend to go a little out of my mind without doing any training. Just sit there watching the clock as the hours pass waiting for the damn meet to get started!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I lift on my usually lifting days but do everything SUPER light.

F

flpl88

May 31, 2013
If I lift on Saturday, my last lifting day will be the Friday before(Which I'll usually bench at the end of the week prepping for a meet). Then the Monday of I will do a few sets of squat bench deadlift with just a plate on the bar and rest up until meet day

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Personally, I don't think anything can be achieved the last week. You've performed the lift literally thousands of times so your form should come as easy as breathing. I just want to rest and make sure I'm 100%. The anzsy feeling building up makes me really go after it when it comes time to lift.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
The Monday before the meet I use to lift to my opening weights for each lift then take the rest of the week off with exception of light cardio depending on where I was weight wise.

This not only confirmed in my mind that I had chosen the right openers but also helped me mentally as well...and a lot of visualization prep till the meet.

Dtownry

Dtownry

Jun 13, 2014
I have decided that before a meet I will include a few low percentage singles to keep me in my groove for the meet. I have traditionally taken the week off, but I feel like a few 30-35% singles early in the week helped me last time. I am always taking at least 4 days off before the meet.

Any thoughts? Let me know how you survive the last week without a bar in your hands or on your back. Or if you think a few low intensity singles might be helpful from a familiarity standpoint.

Yea well my coach is a sadistic SOB so he had me doing 5x3 (last sets turned into singles) banded heavy deadlifts then 5x3 heavy banded squats on Monday THEN this SOB had me do 10x3 heavy banded bench on Tuesday. What are your thoughts on that?!?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic