Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Single db row form

S

sara13

Sep 17, 2013
Question when you perform a single db row to you ladies do you fully extend bringing db fully extended or do you hold before and not fully extended in the low position ? Does each wrong way to perform and yes no swinging aloud thanks in advance

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Hmmm I'm not sure if I understand. I'm not the most technical.
For ME I use a bench with a back. Put my knee on it one hand on the back. Pick db up from floor and pull back. Reps go to full extension of my arm.

S

sara13

Sep 17, 2013
Yea ok so full extension then pull back or is it ok to just go enough to full extension and hold the tension sorry

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I go as far as I can and still feel it wear I should feel it. I don't necessarily bring it all the way up to touch my waist/side but close to it.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Full extension technically takes tension off the lat momentarily. You could stop just short of full extension to keep the tension on. Or, you could go to full extension to get a good stretch in your lat. There is no wrong way. Change it up from time to time.

One way to do it would be to stop short of full extension until your fatigued. Then do some extra reps while resting momentarily at full extension.

Last edited:
tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Full extension technically takes tension off the lat momentarily. You could stop just short of full extension to keep the tension on. Or, you could go to full extension to get a good stretch in your lat. There is no wrong way. Change it up from time to time.

One way to do it would be to stop short of full extension until your fatigued. Then do some extra reps while resting momentarily at full extension.
Some mi40 ;) love you babe

Z

zodd

Mar 2, 2014
Id like to throw my 2 cents on this because i feel like i figured out the right or most beneficial way to do these. I kneel on the bench like a normal row and i start with the db under the bench fully extended and then bring it out like a fly almost a arc but tight if that makes sense ,i pull it back and retract my sh blade and bring it down under the bench but I'm moving fast so I'm not resting at the bottom so it feels like constant tension .If you go slow i would stop short to keep the tension ,I'm doing 20 to 30 reps with 40 pounds which sounds wimpy but i can do kroc rows which are straight up and down to your sheet with 130 15 reps .I really believe and feel the way i just explained is safer and really hits much more area .Also i saw the way I'm explaining on Johnny Candito fitness he demonstrates it , for a 21 yr old he has some very good info .I hope i helped take care.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

Agreed. The most important part of the movement is making sure to the back/lats are squeezed at the top and the elbow is approx breaking parallel with the back. The last couple reps while fatigued, I might be slightly off from breaking parallel, but at least 90% of my reps are.

Z

zodd

Mar 2, 2014
Yea agreed copy that shorts i just now starting doing these with aforementioned form.Due to ego concerns i was doing what i think are kroc rows just straight up and down with a lot of weight and just got forearm and elbow aches.BTW i like 20 reps on the rows , what a pump.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic