Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Malaysian Airlines flight is missing, 239 passengers on board what a mess

P

plank

Sep 16, 2010
This thing is a huge mess, so many rumors and unconfirmed facts. What do you think happened to this flight? Last night the latest I read was the plane flew for five hours which is way farther than they had said it went to begin with. Could it really have been hijacked and landed somewhere else with nobody knowing?

S

Steve Armstrong

Sep 16, 2010
One of the most eerie rumors came after a few relatives said they were able to call the cellphones of their loved ones or find them on a Chinese instant messenger service called QQ that indicated that their phones were still somehow online.

A migrant worker in the room said that several other workers from his company were on the plane, including his brother-in-law. Among them, the QQ accounts of three still showed that they were online, he said Sunday afternoon.

Adding to the mystery, other relatives in the room said that when they dialed some passengers’ numbers, they seemed to get ringing tones on the other side even though the calls were not picked up.

The phantom calls triggered a new level of desperation and anger for some. They tried repeatedly Sunday and Monday to ask airline and police officials about the ringing calls and QQ accounts. However unlikely it was, many thought the phones might still be on, and that if authorities just tracked them down, their relatives might be found. But they were largely ignored.

According to Singapore’s Strait Times, a Malaysia Airlines official, Hugh Dunleavy, told families that the company had tried calling mobile phones of crew members as well and that they had also rang. The company turned over those phone numbers to Chinese authorities.

Vanished Malaysia Airlines flight leaves relatives with anger and phantom phone calls - The Washington Post

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Global Warming caused the plane to disappear..

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
it is a creepy story. i mean with todays technology an airplane should not be able to theoretically disappear. who knows. def watching to see what transpires from this

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Govt. conspiracy it never left the ground to begin with:p

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Seems like a conspiracy to take eyes off of Russia. But I'm just a crazy

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
This does seem bizarre. My first thought was that some event happened that caused a decompression of the cabin, causing everyone to die, and then the autopilot took over and it eventually crashed in the ocean. But that would not explain the transponder to be turned off. I suppose it could be a pilot suicide. Hard to believe a plane could be hijacked with present security precautions prohibiting access to the pilot cabin.

Hard to know what happened at this point.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic