Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Grilling your meats may lead to Alzheimers??

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
http://www.healthcentral.com/dailyd...lled_or_fried_meat_may_increase_dementia_risk

Nooooo..Not my Grilled Chicken...Steaks....Lobster??? What's next

02/25/2014

News that keeps you healthy Scientists detect ca...

[h=2]Eating grilled or fried meat linked to higher dementia risk[/h]NEWS
cheeseburger_on_grill_300x300_flickr_Another_Pint_Please....jpg

Research published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences suggests that grilling or frying meat in the oven or a frying pan produces advanced glycation end (AGE) products, which may affect cognitive function and increase the risk of developing dementia. AGEs are made when proteins or fats respond with sugar in a certain way. This formation can naturally occur in cooking.
For the study, a group of mice were fed a diet high in AGEs by researchers at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York. These mice developed hazardous proteins in the brain and cognitive impairment. The proteins produced were damaged beta amyloid, which have been linked to Alzheimer’s disease. The mice also showed diminished physical and thinking capabilities. The mice that ate a low-AGEs diet did not produce the damaged proteins.
A short-term analysis was conducted on people over the age of 60, which suggested a possible connection between increased AGEs in the blood and cognitive impairment. However, one researcher noted these people did not have dementia and that the findings are very preliminary. It is still unclear if AGEs in the diet do lead to dementia or Alzheimer’s.
NEXT: Vegetarian diets linked to lower blood pressure

Sourced from: Cooking meat 'may be dementia risk', bbc.co.uk

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
So this article says that AGE will make you forgetful?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Almost looks like satire lol

Scientists that research this kind of stuff have all got to lead very boring lives

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Almost looks like satire lol

Scientists that research this kind of stuff have all got to lead very boring lives

Lmao I agree shortz. Looking jacked in the avi too bro

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
One day something the best thing since sliced bread, next day it's gonna kill you or make you ...forget what I was gonna say.. Back to my grilled chicken salad. Since the beginning of time Man's been grillin food, seems to somehow survive it

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
One day something the best thing since sliced bread, next day it's gonna kill you or make you ...forget what I was gonna say.. Back to my grilled chicken salad. Since the beginning of time Man's been grillin food, seems to somehow survive it

Years ago they said it was the charred areas that caused problems. I would imagine they just aren't being as specific. I do believe burned foods have gone through a chemical change that could be harmful though; but chargrilled foods are sooo freakin good

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Is the correlation between drinking beer and BBQ'ing succulent meats missing from this article?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Meat is getting cooked, what's the difference between all the cooking methods? Nothing. It's probably funded by some vegan campaign to make the world hug trees and eat fallen rotting fruit. Does anyone know if frying vegan's... I mean vegetables proven to cause Dementia?

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Don't cook/eat anything over 110 degrees or you may die sometime in the future.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic