Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Where did you start your fitness journey at and why?

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Where do you start your fitness journey at? What or who influence you to get jacked, shredded, fast, strong, sexier, etc? How did you fall in love with your fitness sport? Let's hear a little history about where you guys/gals have been and came from in your life with fitness.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Your beginning*** lol got autocorrected. Not a retard

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I started with an interest in bodybuilding in 04. Dieted down. Didn't like bodybuilding so quit working out seriously until 08.

i found Martial Arts in 07 and in 08 I wanted to lean down so I worked out briefly then quit until 2010. Dieted down to 201, then started back to Martial Arts and went on a bulk and found powerlifting in 2011. Injured my back in 2010 so I didn't get off to the best start for powerlifting. Haha.

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Started at 49, Nov 2009 I started lifting after 30yrs away... I was on meds for high BP and Type II, because of the hard work and lifestyle change I dropped the diabetes meds in Aug 2010.

But I thought I could do better, asked the gym owner to take me on as a client and he helped me step it up, I competed in 2011 in the NANBF as a 50+ Master and did great...

Love being the muscled up grand dad... 2014 I'm getting into Track and Field (sprints)...

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I was a skinny runt my whole life and crippled as a child. Always uncoordinated and could never play sports due to lingering issues (can't run, jump etc.) so I turned to lifting weights in my teens. Was not too consistent though

Got serious in my early 20's and trained to age 35. Lost my way then started again at age 42 and have been back at it just over 4 years now.

I truly love lifting. Always have.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Good stuf turbo, you've done a little bit of everything.

I got my start playing sports all my life. I was always very competitive growin up and loved playing sports. I was always a smaller guy and wanted to be bigger and stronger. So I started weightlifting at about 14. Went from a bed set to a mattress in the floor so I could get some weights in my room. I lifted from there all the way through high school and got a little more serious when I got my first creatine product and protein!! Lol after I graduated high school I kind of took a year off the weights but stayed some what active. After about a a year I realized how many opportunities I let go by me, and I missed sports. So I started training again to try out for a college baseball team. Got in great shape put on about 15 pounds In a year and made the damn team! Was there for a year and jorined the service, so my training changed pace a bit, after boot camp and my job school, started hitting it hard again. Been at it pretty steady from then until now with a huge break in 2011-2012 when my wife was pregnant and gained about 25 pounds of fat. After my daughter was born, I hit the gym as much as I could and was making progressive gains. I deployed about 5 months after she was born and I got extremely serious, and got back in the game there. And now I'm where I am now

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Some awesome responses and stories so far. It's cool to see all of this and where everyone started.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I was given an ultimatum to quit partying or lose her forever. Picked up boxing as therapy. Decided I didn't like to feel punch drunk. Found BBing soon after.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I was given an ultimatum to quit partying or lose her forever. Picked up boxing as therapy. Decided I didn't like to feel punch drunk. Found BBing soon after.

Nice, good decisions man

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I was bullied a little bit in school, and became interested when I found the Charles Atlas ad in the back of a comic book. I bought the book, and started training at 13 or 14 years old, using a cement weight set I had inherited from my uncle who died young. I made that set last through high school and summer during college, even as I ran track and worked on our dairy farm. I was fast and strong with huge legs for a runner.

Then I graduated college and gave up running in favor of lifting. At around age 35 near the start of my professional career I decided to really push it, and got my squats well over 400# all natural, and my bench up to 200#. I did the permabulk method, but was not terribly fat. Then I injured my back, took a few years off, got really fat. I started back lifting in 2009 and decided to give it one last run as a nattie, to see if I could gain significant muscle while eating a lot of food. I got up to 260# and probably 30%bf and looked terrible. I hated how I looked and felt. When I dieted down, I had gained only a couple pounds of muscle in a year. That was my turning point. I started AAS and hired a trainer and said f*** it I am going balls to the wall and wish I had done it years ago.

2 years have passed since then and I have gained 20 to 25 lbs of new muscle, and lost 40+ lbs of fat, and feel like a 25 year old again!

Now I can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings, not to mention the next 6 years. My goal is to lean up by summer, so I am at or below 10% bf, then to bulk up over the next few years to 250 and less than 10%. I want to start competing in BBing in the next year or so, to see whether I enjoy it. And if I like it, I'll continue until they put me in the ground . . .

Last edited:
kov

kov

Feb 6, 2014
Well mine was rugby. At school I was absolute rubbish at rugby. But after the army I started bulking up a but. Always been big but never had the width.
So I really started taking to rugby and I hat to take someone every practice who was playing provincial rugby back home and he started pushing to greater things.
Well a year later when I was approached for provincial trials back home things rally started to look good and then I was invited to play a friendly with the side then in the fateful Saturday afternoon I broke my fibia and tibia in three places.

The Doc said no more sport on my right leg for the tray of my life. That he shouldn't have done, so I started gym work. Went from 240 at 6ft4 to 300lbs in two years of intense gym work and cycling. Even played goal keeper in our premier league hockey.

I trained flat out for years, lived and breathed gyms. I can be home and I can still have that smell in my nostrils of the blood sweat and tears. It was my haven and peaceful place at the gym.

Then made the choice of moving to the place of my parents birth place Britain. The gyms here locally were shite and they had Shite opening times. Then last year the woman I remarried and will forget be hers and will forever worship her made me get of my fat ass and get to gym. This gym is open 24 hours. No more excuses. The bug is back and absolutely loving it but a lot older now, no more showing off but smarter training now, more stretching. I went from abb average of 300lbs down to one fat slob of 250 lbs. Almost on 270 lbs with the six pack starting to form.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Now I can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings, not to mention the next 6 years. My goal is to lean up by summer, so I am at or below 10% bf, then to bulk up over the next few years to 250 and less than 10%. I want to start competing in BBing in the next year or so, to see whether I enjoy it. And if I like it, I'll continue until they put me in the ground . . .

I think that is the best way btw gain bit by bit without to much fat, i wish you luck also! 250 would be massive at you height, to think that Sergio Oliva only competed at around 230 sometime at a little less at 5'' 10''.

I started because a friend of mine said lets start lifting, he was very talented but not keep it up long, i suppose i just liked the idea of being stronger, and always like the look of muscle spec on the arms, shoulders and chest.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic