Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

MRI Scan of my cervical spine

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
I recently had an MRI Scan of my cervical spine, I haven't discussed the results in any depth with a consultant as of yet. I just thought I would share the summary here and see where you guys think I stand from a training point of view

Unremarkable craniocervical junction.

Straightening of the normal cervical lordosis

At C5/C6 there are tiny mariginal osteophytes, some disc dehydration with a disc bulge.

The remaining disc spaces show minor, non significant degenerative changes.

Normal width of the spinal canal. No significant foraminal stenosis and normal signal in the cervical cord.

Conclusion:

Straightening of the cervical lordosis. Minor, non significant, degenerative changes. No obvious nerve root compression.

Like I have said previously I have experienced tingling sensations in in my arms/shoulders, I get headache when I sneeze etc . Any input is welcome

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Im am no means familiar with your medical situation, but just wanted to say I hope you get better bro.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I hope you get better man.

I'm thinking decompression would help your spine. Decompression helps with buldging disc and disc degeneration.

Keep us posted man.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I hate hearing anybody have back issues, I know them all too well! Def discuss results with your primary or whomever ordered the MRI. They may not give u the answer u want to hear but its better than dealing with the pain for the rest of ur life. I had to have surgety, was lil uneasy bout takin that much time away but im much farther ahead now

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
It has been a real struggle getting an MRI over here in the UK. This problem has kept me away from the gym for a long time, not just due to the pain but I had no idea what type of damage may have been done and I didn't want to do anymore. it's taken me 14 months to get this scan and would like some advice on how to train around it if possible

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sounds like you need physical therapy and soft tissue work especially in the upper back. When my upper back gets overly tight I can't move my head without the back of my head throbbing like I just took a hammer to it. I can usually find the trigger point with a lacrosse ball and break it up.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Whatever the cause of your neuropathic symptoms are, spinal compressive disease is NOT one of them, because that is reasonably NORMAL MRI.
Jim

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Curious why was the MRI performed and who ordered it?
Jim

L

Lil Canada

May 10, 2011
I have horrible spine issues and can't find a surgeon willing to perform the risky surgery. I basically have a vertabrea that is worn down to non existent, the one above and below it have grooves formed in them so they need bone graphs and i need 2 new disc to help provide cushion where there isn't any currently. I also have the nerve pinched in that area. PT did not do a thing for me. Currently I can't really workout and required to stay low impact and no free weights. Massage therapy is the best thing that has helped me to keep pressure off the nerve since the muscles are lose they dont tense up creating that extra pressure. A chiropractor may help the situation, I'd have to see the actual MRI to know more. I've been using low dose of hgh ed also and that has actually worked a lot better than I thought it would. I have been able to decrease the amount of pain meds and appears to help the cartilage rebuild in the spinal area. Good luck with everything, the back and especially the spine is a scary place to have an injury.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Man, I would trade you MRI's! I have c4/c5, c5/c6 degeneration along with some other funny words. I'll see if I can find my report. My left hand gets pins and needles in either the pinkie and ring finger, or thumb through middle finger at random times throughout the day. My left side is 50% weaker than my right side, the long head of my tri no longer flexes! Not to mention the pain that radiates down my shoulder, around my elbow to my hand! I lost use of my left arm for a few weeks until a dose pack, but the weakness persists. Seeing an ortho on Monday. Good luck to you!

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Now PT you have what we refer to as "hard neurologic findings" in a dermatomal distribution. The fact you have focal Triceps weakness (and possibly atrophy) along with issues (dysesthesias) involving the C-5 thru C-6 nerve roots is HIGHLY suggestive of a compressive lesions. Typically the cause is the cord itself or the nerve roots because of one if not two disk herniations.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
So far no mention of the disk herniation, you can clearly see on the MRI something jabbing into the cord. I'm hoping they can get it fixed and I can get back on the wagon!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic