Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Hopekids.org Serious Topic your help is appreciated

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I want to tell you all about a great organization that is raising money to help children with terminal illnesses and doing it in a really epic way. And of course, I would like you to donate money to help... Hope Kids has been the benefactor of powerlifting meets called "Relentless." These meets are insane. Huge weights, passion and to see those little kids high fiving some monster after squatting a grand gets you right in the feels. I know that money is tight for a lot of us, but I don't care. And neither does cancer. Between the niece of my wife and her brain tumors that started at age four to my training partners own son and his leukemia I can tell you these disease do not care about finances. In fact, my training partner informed me that his son had received several shots as part of his treatment. Each one costs $54,000. I ask you to put yourself in their shoes. Look at your son or daughter, or a niece or nephew and now picture them frail, bald, in tremendous pain and barely able to eat. Then tell me things are tight and you can't spare ten bucks... Or even just 5. Every single cent makes a difference.

You can donate to my friends fundraising page set up by hopekids.org and firstgiving.com if you would like to help. If you have some sort of question about any of this, let me know. You can PM me or post in the thread. Your generosity is greatly appreciated brothers.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/vaziri/relentless2014

Hope Kids (www.hopekids.org)
We are a HOPE organization. Our mission, our focus, and our program is truly unique.
We have an ongoing program of highly-anticipated events and activities to which all the children and their families in our program are invited. This helps restore fun, excitement and hope to what can be a difficult and uncertain future. Believing that the power of a wish is in the anticipation, we have created a program where there is constant anticipation of what is coming next, strengthening a child's ability and willingness to fight.

Everything we do is about hope. It is about surrounding these remarkable children and their families with a message that hope is a powerful medicine and that we will come alongside them to walk through this together. It is our heart. It is our message. It is our mission.We have a uniquely powerful, support community. Our community of children and their families get involved in each other's lives. They encourage and support each other. We have children who are newly diagnosed, children who are in the midst of difficult treatment, and children who are healed! One of the most inspiring moments is when a child who has just been diagnosed with a particular illness, meets a child who has been healed from that same illness. You can almost see the light go on as they realize that this battle is one they can win.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hoss!!!!!!!

image6.png

Let's play NAME THAT POWERLIFTER

xfs_700x400_s80_903153_10202408193275686_40275305_o.jpg

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I read this today on facebook, nice work to all who are participating.

Barzeen Vaziri

To whomever on the Iron Den is sharing the link to support Hope Kids through Relentless. You are helping to make a HUGE difference for these kids. - Thank you.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I read this today on facebook, nice work to all who are participating.

We have raised close to $1,000 last I checked. The auctions although we had few bidders brought in $725. Props to rockshawn and woodwise for their generosity.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
This board is doing great things.

Dan Green just committed to do the next Relentless in November. That meet is going to be a HUGE show.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic