Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

looking into starting insulin!!

B

Big_Sean

Jan 27, 2014
hi im new the site looking for tips and advice on starting insulin i have never taken it before, i have spoke to a few people who've taken it and heard mixed stories some say its best to take with growth an others have said you dont need to take it with growth. Also looking for advice on the best times to take it an the intake of carbs after you've took it etc.. Hope you guys can help thanks

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Interesting first post. Stats. height weight bodyfat % years training, training style, diet, cycle experience, goal of cycle, age???????????????????

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
There is a ton of info here on slin, if you look for it you will find it. with that said, if you dont know how many carbs to take with slin yet, then you should really hold off until you get the basics covered. Slin is not something you play with, it can kill you if you dont know what you are doing.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Peruse the forum and you will find some info. Try and put together your own protocol and post that and we can review it.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
A cycle history would also help. I know a lot of kids running Insulin with nothing but prohormones because slin is OTC and gear is not. Nobody here is gonna walk you through a protocol without you giving us assurances you are anywhere "near ready" to jump into insulin.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
There are two things that I won't touch and I guarantee that I know 30x more about both of them than you do.

Slin

DNP

Do some more research bro, nobody around here will guide you to hurting yourself.

B

Big_Sean

Jan 27, 2014
I'm fully aware of the risks of taking insulin an I wouldn't expect anybody to guide me to hurt myself an I'm not goin to just start jabbing it. I have a rough idea of the amount of carbs to take but I'm here for research an advice before I consider it like you say I don't wanna mess around with it until I know 100%
My stats are
I'm 26 and 6ft
Weight 130kg b/f is around 18%
I train an compete in strongman
My diet is pretty basic jus eat oats for breakfast chicken noodles an veg for dinner an steak veg an potatos for tea with regular shakes throughout the day.

gunrunner

gunrunner

Jul 24, 2013
I'm fully aware of the risks of taking insulin an I wouldn't expect anybody to guide me to hurt myself an I'm not goin to just start jabbing it. I have a rough idea of the amount of carbs to take but I'm here for research an advice before I consider it like you say I don't wanna mess around with it until I know 100%
My stats are
I'm 26 and 6ft
Weight 130kg b/f is around 18%
I train an compete in strongman
My diet is pretty basic jus eat oats for breakfast chicken noodles an veg for dinner an steak veg an potatos for tea with regular shakes throughout the day.

WTF? You probably should work on your diet before you start tying things like slin.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I read up on slin for 6 months before I started it and I still ended up sitting outside the ER for two hours one day before I felt comfortable enough to leave. Slin isn't rocket science, eat enough carbs and you'll be fine, it's as simple as that but hey look what I did....

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
Here ya go, real easy beginners slin protocol:
#1. Start at 2iu Post workout- Throughout the week bump up your does by 1 iu everyday. Use a fast acting insulin. Theres debate on this, but for beginners it's easier to use Novalog or Humalog. (Research it and decide for yourself)
#2. Start at 10Gms Carbs per iu of insulin. Drink your carb drink after you pin yourself. It should have a good mix of Carbs and supplements. Once you understand how you feel and how your body reacts to insulin, you can decrease or increase your carb intake.
#3. Eat a Ultra low to fat free, high protein meal with slow burning carbs within the hour.
#4. Fast acting insulin should have a max blood glucose lowering effect between 1-3 hours with max clearance time of 5 hours. But since your exercising these numbers should go down.

This is short and sweet as well as tested (by me). I suggest you do a bit more reading and then decide how you want to proceed. I used this easy approach for 4 weeks and had great results.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Welcome to the board Sean.

Just wondering how come you wanna use insulin for strong man ?

From the research I have done on it, there is very little to no strength gain from it.

Are you trying to put on size ?

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Here ya go, real easy beginners slin protocol:
#1. Start at 2iu Post workout- Throughout the week bump up your does by 1 iu everyday. Use a fast acting insulin. Theres debate on this, but for beginners it's easier to use Novalog or Humalog. (Research it and decide for yourself)
#2. Start at 10Gms Carbs per iu of insulin. Drink your carb drink after you pin yourself. It should have a good mix of Carbs and supplements. Once you understand how you feel and how your body reacts to insulin, you can decrease or increase your carb intake.
#3. Eat a Ultra low to fat free, high protein meal with slow burning carbs within the hour.
#4. Fast acting insulin should have a max blood glucose lowering effect between 1-3 hours with max clearance time of 5 hours. But since your exercising these numbers should go down.

This is short and sweet as well as tested (by me). I suggest you do a bit more reading and then decide how you want to proceed. I used this easy approach for 4 weeks and had great results.

This is good advice and great starting point. But like it was mentioned also, work on that diet and continue your research. You have a ways to go yet young man.

Everything you ever wanted to know and didnt know you wanted to know about slin is right here. http://www.everydayfitness.net/insulin.shtml

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic