Latest Member
pbtom

365 strong

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Worthless.

The Lilliebridge manual is much better if you are raw. Brian Carrol's is much better if you are raw and/or might ever compete in gear.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Hardly worthless, IMO. I like the setup he uses, but the volume is too high for a natural. I had to cut down quite a bit.

OP: it's pretty much a ME DE RE setup, and each day is mainly based on big three and assistance. Example:

Bench day example:
Bench
Close grip
Spoto press
Lat work
Some kind of tricep work

Agree that Carroll's is good.

Last edited:
N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Hardly worthless, IMO. I like the setup he uses, but the volume is too high for a natural. I had to cut down quite a bit.

OP: it's pretty much a ME DE RE setup, and each day is mainly based on big three and assistance. Example:

Bench day example:
Bench
Close grip
Spoto press
Lat work
Some kind of tricep work

Agree that Carroll's is good.
I ended up getting the ebook, and I actually like the setup a lot. But the deadlift volume is too high for me.. I can hardly make it through a rep effort day without having to be carried out from excruciating back pumps lol.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
12x2 12x2 12x1 should be ok for most. I used 60% though, not 70 as the book says.

I'm still using his layout, but for me the reps are now a modified 5/3/1 and I'm not doing the dynamic effort day.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
12x2 12x2 12x1 should be ok for most. I used 60% though, not 70 as the book says.

I'm still using his layout, but for me the reps are now a modified 5/3/1 and I'm not doing the dynamic effort day.
Do you have a log? I'm interested how you've set that up.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Worthless.

The Lilliebridge manual is much better if you are raw. Brian Carrol's is much better if you are raw and/or might ever compete in gear.

I've never ready Carrol's book. I've read the other 2 and my training is a bit like the Lilleibridges.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Do you have a log? I'm interested how you've set that up.
Unfortunately no, but here's pretty much how it's structured.
I have one test for strength in which i consider the main lifts every 11th week, not all are shown in this pic.
Where there's just a single digit and no percentages, it means work up to one main work set.

prog.jpg

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic