Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Low dose DNP and gaining muscle

C

CarteBlanche

Jan 11, 2014
Hello ID,
I have been reading for quite some time on your forum and now registered to ask a question.
I am considering running a low dose DNP cycle for around 2 months, 200mg ED.
While I know that building muscle during a DNP cycle is very hard, I was wondering how it looks like on a low dose cycle? 200mg ED isn't too much and I don't want to stop training for such a long time.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Hello ID,
I have been reading for quite some time on your forum and now registered to ask a question.
I am considering running a low dose DNP cycle for around 2 months, 200mg ED.
While I know that building muscle during a DNP cycle is very hard, I was wondering how it looks like on a low dose cycle? 200mg ED isn't too much and I don't want to stop training for such a long time.

Running DNP for two months is unheard of, how much weight have you lost? Do you have any side effects?

C

CarteBlanche

Jan 11, 2014
I didn't say that I ran it but that I am going to run it.
Currently I am around 10% BF and plan on going down to 8% which will take some time. At the same time I want to continue building up muscle mass.
I still need 3-4kg LBM to look the way I want to.

Edit: I remember several people running a low DNP dose over several months, one of them was a good friend of Conciliator with the name Romano and he had great success with it. However the question remains whether it's possible to build muscle or if it's close to impossible.

Last edited:
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Why would you not be able to build muscle? If you are able to train and eat you should theoretically be able to put on some muscle. The issue most have is they are not able to train enough to add additional muscle, just try to maintain.

Where has Conciliator been, I have not seen him in some time. I remember several people at Meso running some log ass cycles. Most I have done is 26 days.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Two months at 250 is possible. I did a month and a half once. No way can you build muscle though. Zero glycogen, lethargy and caloric deficit?

T

trino18

Sep 12, 2014
my god dont do it!your **** your thyroid for ever! DNP is to be used at high dosage 500mg or 750mg for max of 2 weeks for best results, however can be used at low dosage 250mg for a month! you do not **** around with this stuff, even if you get a shit low grade batch!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
my god dont do it!your **** your thyroid for ever! DNP is to be used at high dosage 500mg or 750mg for max of 2 weeks for best results, however can be used at low dosage 250mg for a month! you do not **** around with this stuff, even if you get a shit low grade batch!

I'm not saying you're wrong here, but would you care to share your information as to why a low dose DNP run of over 1 month will zap your thyroid?

When DNP was being prescribed in the 20s (I believe it was the 20s), the patients would run low dose for an entire year. It got pulled because of catarac issues with a small percentage of females, not due to any thyroid issues. At least none that I know of.

Persoanlly, I have run DNP for over a month, and I don't believe I've suffered any thyroid issues. But that's just a sample set of one....

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
I've also read about it down-regulating t4 to t3 transition but I don't know where that was. I don't think it was a scientific journal or anything tho because I would have bookmarked that.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Personally if I were you I would consider for the two months to do 250 EOD. My former trainer did that and lost nearly 20 pounds in one month and still felt all the thermogenic affects with very few of the side effects. Also DNP works well in a carb enriched environment, so as long as your protein is high muscle building could be possible. One thing you do have to remember is that DNP typically makes people retain water, so the best effects are seen 3 to 5 days after stopping the product.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Two months at 250 is possible. I did a month and a half once. No way can you build muscle though. Zero glycogen, lethargy and caloric deficit?

I repeat.... no glycogen. Muscle building will not happen no matter how many carbs you eat. And it doesn't work better with more carbs.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
It is possible but not easily done. I rebuilt muscle the last time I did it. So your theory may be plausible POB but it is flawed. You really have to maintain you glycogen and protein levels. Carbs do help as well. And that is proven science.... Not bro science, the study's are on here if you want to search. I still don't recommend running two months. Even at a low dose. Feeling like shit everyday and being tired are just unbearable for that long.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
The DNP that I have always used came from a specific person who touts themselves as one of the best in that product. The capsules are filled with no inactive ingredients, and all ingredients are designed to help mitigate side effects from the DNP. The last 10 day run I did, the only side effect I had was a lot of sweating. Sleep was fine other than waking up soaking wet and I had no lethargy. That was on 250 mg ED.

Now all that said, I wouldn't be in a bulking phase and throw DNP in there as a compound.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic