Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

T3 negates HGH anabolism

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Effects of long-term growth hormone (GH) and triiodothyronine (T3) administration on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance in normal man.

Wolthers T, Grofte T, Moller N, Vilstrup H, Jorgensen JO.

Department of Medicine M (Endocrinology and Diabetes), Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark.

BACKGROUND/AIMS: A decline in urea excretion is seen following long-term growth hormone administration, reflecting overall protein anabolism. Conversely, hyperthyroidism is characterized by increased urea synthesis and negative nitrogen metabolism. These seemingly opposite effects are presumed to reflect different actions on peripheral protein metabolism. The extent to which these hormonal systems have different direct effects on hepatic urea genesis has not been fully characterized. METHODS: We measured urea nitrogen synthesis rates and blood alanine levels concomitantly before, during, and after a 4-h constant intravenous infusion of alanine (2 mmol.kg bw-1.h-1). Urea nitrogen synthesis rate was estimated hourly as urinary excretion corrected for gut hydrolysis and accumulation in body water. The slope of the linear relationship between urea nitrogen synthesis rate and alanine concentration represents the liver function as to conversion of amino-N, and is denoted the functional hepatic nitrogen clearance. Eight normal male subjects (age 21-27 years; body mass index 22.4-27.0 kg/m2) were randomly studied four times: 1) after 10 days of subcutaneous saline injections, 2) after 10 days of subcutaneous growth hormone injections (0.1 IU/kg per day), 3) after 10 days of triiodothyronine administration (40 micrograms on even dates, 20 micrograms on uneven dates) and 4) after 10 days given 2)+3). All injections were given at 20 00 h. RESULTS: Growth hormone decreased functional hepatic nitrogen clearance (l/h) by 30% (from 33.8 +/- 3.2 l/h (control) to 23.8 +/- 1.5 l/h (10 days growth hormone) (mean +/- SE) (ANOVA; p < 0.01)). Triiodothyronine did not change functional hepatic nitrogen clearance (36.7 +/- 3.2 l/h), but triiodothyronine given together with growth hormone abolished the effect of growth hormone functional hepatic nitrogen clearance (38.8 +/- 4.8 l/h). CONCLUSIONS: The results show that long-term growth hormone administration acts on liver by decreasing functional hepatic nitrogen clearance, thereby retaining amino-N in the body. Triiodothyronine has no effect on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance, but given together with growth hormone, it abolishes the effect of growth hormone on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance. A possible mechanism is the known effect of thyroid hormones in reducing the bioavailability of insulin-like growth factor-I. Thus, the effects of growth hormone and triiodothyronine on amino-N homeostasis are interdependent and to some extent exerted via interplay in their regulation of liver function as to amino-N conversion.

PMID: 8778198 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
This is really interesting as I typically use t3 in cycle

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I think most people are running t4 with hgh these days.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
True I think it's the conversion process if t4-t3 is the logic to do with hgh.

I am prone to gaining weight so my diet and training are around Leanness/ as I'm strong as hell , old as a tree, and at the weight I want to be- but t3 I cycle on and off with Clen and ephedrine in their own cycle in addition to aas and hgh

M

Miker

Jun 11, 2011
I think most people are running t4 with hgh these days.

Yes I run 50mcg t4 with 4 ius hyges. This keeps my levels in the normal range. My doc doesn't know about me using gh and since my thyroid is out if wake he perscribes me t4.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Yes I run 50mcg t4 with 4 ius hyges. This keeps my levels in the normal range. My doc doesn't know about me using gh and since my thyroid is out if wake he perscribes me t4.

Sneaky bastard!

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
True I think it's the conversion process if t4-t3 is the logic to do with hgh.

I am prone to gaining weight so my diet and training are around Leanness/ as I'm strong as hell , old as a tree, and at the weight I want to be- but t3 I cycle on and off with Clen and ephedrine in their own cycle in addition to aas and hgh

Me too. I ran pharma T4 for a while with Seros didn't seem to do much. Back to Tiromel. 50mcg ed a long with 4iu Seros. Bad idea? Hard to stay lean at 56 although the old ladies eyesight ain't what it used to be so that helps. Ken

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I'm 48 and until I discovered hgh I really had to work harder and harder to stay lean - I didn't begin using anything until I was like 30ish. Then later I was helping a "merchant" with hgh shipping so o got kits free fir my services and wow using hgh on cycle is like steroids on steroids. Ill never cycle without

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
I'm 48 and until I discovered hgh I really had to work harder and harder to stay lean - I didn't begin using anything until I was like 30ish. Then later I was helping a "merchant" with hgh shipping so o got kits free fir my services and wow using hgh on cycle is like steroids on steroids. Ill never cycle without

I agree Brother...the older I get the more important GH seems to be...You running pharma or generic?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I almost run whatever is cheapest but by a source I trust. Back then it was the greenies made in the fitropin factory , some blues - I got some pharm from elite I loved, but use blues too. My old fave came with the vile of water connected to the
Oh and i use rips a lot too

powder but I forget the name those good. Best progress ever when I used the dark green tops from the old fitropin place- I went 8 years on hgh straight - but I take weekends off

Last edited:
kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
I almost run whatever is cheapest but by a source I trust. Back then it was the greenies made in the fitropin factory , some blues - I got some pharm from elite I loved, but use blues too. My old fave came with the vile of water connected to the
Oh and i use rips a lot too

powder but I forget the name those good. Best progress ever when I used the dark green tops from the old fitropin place- I went 8 years on hgh straight - but I take weekends off

Been doing 7 days thinking of 5on 2 off. Thanks for the input. Ken

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
When I went 8 years strait I went 5 on 2 off, then every 3 months took week off . Between cycles I'd go up to 12 ius along with lrigf3 - as I never bridge aas , but I also cycle my t3 Clen and ephedrine same way .
My aas cycles 12-20 weeks on 6-12 off

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic