Latest Member
pbtom

How to deal with excess skin...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My wife has gone from 5' 127lbs @ roughly 18% in June to...
113lbs @ roughly 10% for first Figure Comp in July, to...
110lbs @ roughly 8-9% for 2nd Figure Comp in Oct, to..
108lbs @ roughly 6-7% for 1st Physique Comp last week...
This recomposition was on the heels of 4yrs of Fertility drugs and having our daughter Aug 2011. The weight she shed left what can best be called "Old lady Butt" for lack of a better term. Bikini Bite does wonders and she's muscular enough to compensate everywhere except right at Glute/Ham tie ins. Is there any product or service (wraps, Ultrasound etc.) that can assist in returning skin turgor/tightness. Some success with Thiomucase but not enough to really fix the problem. The obvious answer is time, but at 35yrs old (36 in two mos) assistance would be nice too.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Thiomucase is what I would use for abs back in the 90's when I competed, had a few girls use in on other body parts with great results......How often are you applying it?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
She was using it for about 8wks up until the 2nd Show in Oct. I was worried it might make her retain water so we cut it for Physique. The real issue is that this is really just skin (she's shredded see pic below) and Thiomucase was more effective when there was fat to tighten up.

View attachment 5462
She's the brunette. If she relaxes the skin just hangs off her ass. It's driving her crazy. Adding back bodyfat will help of course but even then it's rather loose.

Last edited:
tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Look up " it works Global" Ultimate Body Applicator. us it.. love it... If not then the only thing i can say is build more muscle to tighten the skin

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
plastic surgeon, put on some fat weight or learn to live with it.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I agree w/ TG - there's not much a cosmetic surgeon can do w/o creating a scar and also would need to be very aware of the areas involved - near the spine. The skin is going to be bound by its elasticity and when you drop water and fat, it either takes more time to tighten up, or it just can't. I'd go the other route and work to fill it out w/ more glute.

I have the same issue and I have talked to a doctor about it and not much to be done w/o a big scar. The training for 'more glute' was frustrating because I started developing a very wide glute - but apparently it is how that particular muscle "is" on me. I've been sidelined from much training in the last couple of years because of some issues & injuries, but I will still have to deal w/ it if I want to compete.

Last edited:
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Thanks ladies, surgery was never on the table. It conceals well into her posing suit and a little bite keeps it in. Lol at fat weight...not really conducive to winning in WP ;) I'll check out that suggestion TG, a temporary effect would be fine and buy some time until the skin bounces back on its own.

I love her body regardless and she does too, she's just a little self conscious when parading around the bedroom for me.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I was going to suggest what Sassy did, make it bigger to fill it out. Or does she do plyometrics? My wife used to compete in figure, and she was doing plyometric workouts 2x/week with a trainer. It made a huge difference in her glutes/hamstrings/loose skin. Wife also used the Thimomucase cream, but only used it on her stomach. She thought it was effective as well.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
so what exactly is causing the loose skin, is it part of what happens when you get to that low of BF for the competing?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic