Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

New bench PR 415 paused at 207

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
It has been a long time since I have had a PR of any sort. My heavy lifting led to few injuries that sidelined me for over 3 months.

I am healed back up and rehabbed. Injury free and into my 3rd week of heavy lifting again.

Bench felt good tonight so I took it up. 405 felt great, so I went for 415 (a new PR). Wish I had gone for 425 as it went up too easy....but patience is something I need to practice, so I stopped there.

Here is a vid. Note:Before any one say it, the wraps on my elbows are actually my knee sleeves. :D They are not providing much compression, but they keep my bicep and forearm nice and warm. (one of the things I recently injured). Being that I am just coming back, I feel more comfortable wearing them but know comp time, the are not allowed. Just throwing that out there

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
****in awesome... Great speed

J

jalder21

Mar 13, 2013
Excellent lift, very strong!!! What's your age?

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Probably could have gotten more than 425lbs. Good job.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Nice dude!

Congrats on the pr!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Smoked it.

Nothing wrong with wearing sleeves on your elbows while training. Tons of us do that. It helps keep the joints warm and saves them a bit from the beating they take.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
****in awesome... Great speed

Nice.

Perfect lift.....looked strong.

Excellent lift, very strong!!! What's your age?

Probably could have gotten more than 425lbs. Good job.

Nice dude!

Congrats on the pr!

Smoked it.

Nothing wrong with wearing sleeves on your elbows while training. Tons of us do that. It helps keep the joints warm and saves them a bit from the beating they take.

Thanks guys so much. Man,....I cant tell you how good it feels to be pain free. Just that alone is awesome. I finally just bit the bullet and stopped ANYTHING that hurt in the least. Three months of that along with stretching and massage, and I feel great.

Funny thing, is I am just as strong as I was, with almost no fall-off. Just proves my fears of becoming weak were unfounded. Just working what I could maintained my strength and allowed me to come back stronger.

This is only week 3 of lifting anything heavy. Prior to that I spent 3 months not going over 225. And many times I would skip bench all together.

Thanks again. I just need to keep working on form.

I am right at 206-207 AM. I dieted down to 197 and then started eating 3 weeks ago again. (I get a 8lb swing just from the reintroduction of carbs). To be honest, I am not going to try to keep my weight below 198 for a while. That puts me below 10%ish. I can do it without problem, but being at that bodyfat% and lifting this heavy really takes a toll on my joints. I know some guys seem to be able to do that, but my body does not like it. My performance really hinges on carb intake. I shoot for 500g+/day and feel great. I can lift about anything and it does not hurt.

Maybe someday if I really feel like I need to make a statement in true sport of powerlifting, I would go through the pain just to competing at 198, but if I am honest with myself,....that is not really why I do it. I am just happy to do my best. If that means it is over 198 and no longer at the top, I'm fine with that. My lifts are still my best and that is what matters. Time will tell.... but feeling good is really the most important thing for me right now. (and still maintaining a lean physique of course ).

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Very excellent. Glad you are healthy again, and definitely strong.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic