Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

help me! Women Basic Training

B

bigcat

Sep 26, 2013
Hey everyone,

My girlfriend is just starting in the weight room. She's a frequent runner but wants to lift. Whats a basic 3-4 day beginner routine for simple tone/maintaining?

A link to a website with a routine would help too if it's too much to type.

Much appreciated

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
If you train and do the basic lifts, that's all she needs to start with...3-4 sets...maybe start her in the 12-15 rep range. There are so many routines out there and again if you lift and if you guys are going to lift together..have her do your routine with lighter weights. It's not like women do different exercises...lol

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Oh, I thought this was THE BigCat. I was wondering why on Earth BigCat would be asking a question like this. lol

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
She needs to learn the basics of what moments target what muscle groups. You can help with that. If she only wants to train 3-4 times a week i would do. Biceps, Triceps and Shoulders one day. A push/pull another day ( back, chest) then legs one day. If training 4 days a week i would split up back and chest. have a rest day in-between the arm day and the ( back or chest day) she could do Chest, Back, Legs, Arms. I try to keep chest and shoulder day far apart. Have her start out with weight she can do 15 reps and be fatigued. You don't want to start her off to heavy she can hurt herself. :) hope that helps. ~TG

G

Geisha

May 4, 2014
Keep it simple. 1Day for Squats, 1Day for DL, and 1 Day for OH pressing. Like Jenner said....in a 8- 12 rep range.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic