Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What should a 40yr. old mans testosterone levels be?

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
Gentlemen, I had my test levels checked by my family physician and they came back at 162. He said he would write me a script for a test paste from a compounding pharmacy, that I put on my thighs once per day. I think I'm going too see another Dr., but if you were in my shoes, what would you want your test levels to be at? rt...

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Much higher than any gel or patches will ever get you, go see a doc specializing in TRT and take a copy of that test with you to save time.
I would be shooting for at least a 700...lol seriously

350-1200 is a range used by LabCorp.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I dunno LG, I got my levels over 900 on transdermal test. Problem is you will blow thru the amount a gp is going to prescribe you. I agree with LG , go to a hrt clinic, it's what they do

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I dunno LG, I got my levels over 900 on transdermal test. Problem is you will blow thru the amount a gp is going to prescribe you. I agree with LG , go to a hrt clinic, it's what they do

Was it some stuff made by a Pancake fanatic or the patches?
The pancake stuff ROCKS but I tries the damn patches and stuff and had very little results

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
I personally didn't even try the transdermal route because of my wife and kids. It's not uncommon for our clients to be 1000 and above for a total test level

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
yeah i received a gel script but didint even use it. went to another dr and he gave me a script for test c twice a week. i believe my levels were around 150 at the time and im your same age...i just didnt want any cream, should have started with an hrt dr...good luck

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
There is really no magic number. you treat until the patients low Testosterone sides are gone and Free T levels are optimal. if total T is 3k and free t is still low...you keep treating. That is typically not the case but im just trying to help you understand you have lab work to referance off and symptoms to treat as a physician. both must be taken into consideration when attempting to maintain hormone optimization. furthermore, testosterone along with other major hormones need to be worked on to complete full and overall wellness. DHEA, GH production, free T3, Free T3, etc etc.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Ditto to crow not cuz he is longtime veteran and lives the life but he is spot on. All of us are similar yet also have different lifestyles approaches practices, levels of discipline motivation , genetics experience etc etc too many variables but seek a common balance in yourself and continue to improve mentally and physically . Rest eat train like hell

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
I am 44 and see a doc for TRT. My doc has told me that he would never want to see my levels below 5-600 and can continue to write scripts for me upto 1600. That is contrary to what my last doc said to me and told me 1200 was the highest she could write a script to. I have decided to keep my levels at no lower than 800-1000 when cruising. Crowman was very right in that you also need to know your free test levels. Go see a trt doc and discuss this but do not be afraid to tell them average is not what you are or want and prefer to be on the high side of whats considered normal for your age. Nothing wrong with maintaining a higher test level than the average 40 yr old running around at 400 to 600. BTW, my personal opinion is gels and creams suck. stick with a script for intermuscular. 95% of insurance will require test cyp as your script also.

I

ifd197

Sep 3, 2012
I went to Primary physician and had my levels checked. It was way low, 57. Dr only gave me Axiron gel. Where else can I go? This guy won't do anything else.

I

ifd197

Sep 3, 2012
Oh, I'm only 42 and healthy. No other issues.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Lol I'm 48 and recently got checked ( in cycle ) I got the " wtf" speech of how are mine so high lol but I have rapport with doc so I talk about training , gear etc . He actually will consult me with advice on using

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic