Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Spinach, bok choy, red and green chard

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I've been eating spinach salads quite frequently.

I've recently bought a mixed bag of spinach, bok choy, red and green chard. I bought it for the verity so I could get different nutrients than just the spinach.

Anyone familiar with the bok choy or chard?

It said power greens but that could also be for sales purposes.

Just wondering if I would be better off with the spinach by itself.

Taste the same to me, like the salad dressing. LOL

HDH

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
Chard & bok choy are great,but I usually steam or saute mine with garlic then add cider vinegar.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Pretty sure that is meant to be cooked bro. I couldn't eat that shit raw. I'd puke.

Having said that. I'm eating hot dogs in a bun with bacon and bbq sauce for variety. U mad?

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Bol Choy and chard is good stuff... Too bad princess ( POB) has a sensitive stomach!

jrice

jrice

Jun 3, 2013
Bok choy and chard are very similar to spinach as far as nutritional value high in potassium Iron vitamin A and C as well as calcium....The "PowerGreen" combo accounts for 70% of your daily dose of A and C....and I eat them raw as well.......ha..

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Chard & bok choy are great,but I usually steam or saute mine with garlic then add cider vinegar.

I can't stand any of that green shit cooked. Not even broccoli, I eat that fresh too :)

HDH

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Pretty sure that is meant to be cooked bro. I couldn't eat that shit raw. I'd puke.

Having said that. I'm eating hot dogs in a bun with bacon and bbq sauce for variety. U mad?

Ya, it says right on the bag it's for cooking. I use no cal salad dressing and that's what it tastes like, the dressing ;)

I hate hot dogs.

Now, if you said you were eating a bag of Reese's, I would be mad =))

I like the green leafy veggies, it keeps me shittin' like a champ :eek:

HDH

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Bol Choy and chard is good stuff... Too bad princess ( POB) has a sensitive stomach!

I had this up on another board and someone said kale is good as well.

I might buy a bag to mix in with it.

HDH

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Bok choy and chard are very similar to spinach as far as nutritional value high in potassium Iron vitamin A and C as well as calcium....The "PowerGreen" combo accounts for 70% of your daily dose of A and C....and I eat them raw as well.......ha..

Hell ya, a salad is a salad.

A little fat free cheese, some diced tomatoes and it's on. LOL

HDH

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Bok choy/pak choy is often boiled or stir fried (my wifes family eat it all the time as they are Chinese), but I have eaten it raw and it's okay.

Kale is awesome, I usually eat that raw as well as adding it into my shakes.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Bok choy/pak choy is often boiled or stir fried (my wifes family eat it all the time as they are Chinese), but I have eaten it raw and it's okay.

Kale is awesome, I usually eat that raw as well as adding it into my shakes.

Cool. Glad you responded. I almost named the thread "Question for MF". LOL

I wasn't sure I would get a big response on this one.

Thanks to everyone else as well.

HDH

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
I like making Kale soup with chicken in the Fall/Winter. Most of my green I eat cooked except for spinach in salad.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic