Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Elevator Constructor Union - Apprentice Exam

A

Anthonyjoseph

Feb 14, 2012
Whats up Bro's,

So i recently just signed up to take the elevator constructor apprentice exam (EIAT) in New York in a couple weeks. I was looking online and cant find anything regarding the EIAT test and what to study. Any of you have any experience with this or know anyone in the elevator union? Just trying to get a feel for what i should be studying or what aptitude practice test books i should buy. Maybe math, reading, spatial reasoning?

Thanks in advance!

AJ

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
I don't know anything about this but a quick google search turned up this with all of the topics on the exam. It's a course outline. Maybe you should take these courses? Register an account on there.

http://www.neiep.org/courses/default.aspx

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Whats up Bro's,

So i recently just signed up to take the elevator constructor apprentice exam (EIAT) in New York in a couple weeks. I was looking online and cant find anything regarding the EIAT test and what to study. Any of you have any experience with this or know anyone in the elevator union? Just trying to get a feel for what i should be studying or what aptitude practice test books i should buy. Maybe math, reading, spatial reasoning?

Thanks in advance!

AJ

Have you spoken with the union rep? That would be the first place I would go.

A

Anthonyjoseph

Feb 14, 2012
I don't know anything about this but a quick google search turned up this with all of the topics on the exam. It's a course outline. Maybe you should take these courses? Register an account on there.

http://www.neiep.org/courses/default.aspx

Thank Chris. I looked into this one already. This is the courses that you would be taking once you become an apprentice in order to study for your mechanics exam. Most people are just telling me its a basic aptitude test so im guessing math, reading, and mechanical reasoning. Seems like none of these reps no anything on it.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
An aptitude test for anything is just going to be something to determine if you are ready for this type of work. It's probably not something you need to study for. If it were me I would just show up and take it.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I heard there are a lot of ups and downs with that type of work.. :)

Popeye50

Popeye50

Nov 5, 2012
The test is to weed out the idiots....no worries.....unless youre an idiot

G

guage

Jul 17, 2012
if they haven't change much over the years they where basic mechanical skills aptitude and math questions. pully's ,how fast do things fall, if bob had x and jill had y how much does mary have type questions.

they want to see how well you comprehend and understand things.(basically are you teachable) math however is a biggie. its been 20 years for me so cant remember much .you should have an oral exam after that and then atleast back in the days you were put on a list based on the two scores together ,unless you got family or friends in the right places. best ask a mechanic in your area most would prolly be helpful.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Generally the only things on union tests are math and visual problem solving

Brush up your math.

90 percent of getting in a union is knowing someone. If you don't I'd start getting friendly with some guys.

A

Anthonyjoseph

Feb 14, 2012
Thanks for the help guys. Yea i figured it it would just be basic reading/math/mechanics. No worries then. Hopefully having a cousin and a retired uncle of 30 years service in the union will help out.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Thanks for the help guys. Yea i figured it it would just be basic reading/math/mechanics. No worries then. Hopefully having a cousin and a retired uncle of 30 years service in the union will help out.

That is more important than any test score.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic