Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Victor Martinez wins 2013 Toronto Pro Supershow

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
After a long layoff, Victor Martinez finally won the 2013 Toronto Pro Supershow bodybuilding competition Saturday night at the Toronto Metro Convention Center. Martinez win qualifies him for the 2013 Mr. Olympia competition.

Martinez was a favorite to win the New York Pro last week, but rookie Mamdouh “Big Ramy” Elssbiay of Egypt pulled an upset that surprised everyone when he won his first pro debut in New York. Martinez was lucky that Big Ramy didn't compete on Saturday night or he could be another playing field.

Martinez is said to be 15 pounds lighter than his average competition weight and is still working his way back up after an arm injury sidelined him for most of 2012. Martinez last competed and won the 2011 Arnold Classic Madrid. He finished third in the Arnold Classic and fourth in Mr. Olympia, both in 2011. Martinez’s highest honor came in the 2007 Mr. Olympia competition when he finished second.

In the men’s competition, veteran Martinez outperformed Fouad Abiad who finished second and improving Jon Delarosa, who finished fourth at New York Pro, took the third place this time. Rounding up the top five were Frank McGrath and Moe Bannout on fourth and fifth place respectively.

The Toronto Pro Supershow bodybuilding winners vied for the Men’s/Women’s Bodybuilding, 212 and Under, Women’s/Men’s Physique, Figure, Bikini and Fitness title.

Jose Raymond impressed the judges when he won his second 212 and Under competition title. Raymond won the 2013 New York Pro then the 2013 Toronto Pro follows just a week later.

Check the New York Pro Bodybuilding Open winners result below.

Men’s Bodybuilding: 1. Victor Martinez 2. Fouad Abiad 3. Jonathan Delarosa 4. Frank McGrath 5. Moe Bannout

212 and Under: 1. Jose Raymond 2. Mark Dugdale 3. Raul Carrasco

Men’s Physique: 1. Matthew Acton 2. Tyler Anderson 3. William Sullivan

Women's Bodybuilding: 1. Jennifer Scarpetta 2. Anne Freitas 3. Rita Bello

Women’s Physique: 1. Toni West 2. Cea Anna Kerr 3. Mindi O'Brien

Figure: 1. Ann Titone 2. Swann Cardot 3. Natalie Waples

Bikini: 1. Ashley Kaltwasser 2. Jennifer Dawn 3. Gigi Amurao

Fitness: 1. Ryall Graber-Vasani 2. Michelle Blank 3. Nicole Duncan

Sandpig

Sandpig

MuscleHead
Jul 13, 2012
Happy for Vic. But he's gonna need those 15 lbs for the O.

Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
Glad to see him back he's looking pretty good for all that time!

Canecorso

Canecorso

Jun 3, 2011
Team Vic !!! With or without the 15 lbs.

Rfagazzi

Rfagazzi

MuscleHead
Mar 15, 2012
Damn! Talk about a quick bounce back! Good for him. Congrats.

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
Arm injury? I guess they can spin him being locked up any way they want

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Arm injury? I guess they can spin him being locked up any way they want

Vic was locked up then suffered an arm injury later... supposedly while arm wrestling.

B

bigrecon

May 5, 2013
Yeah, Vic did't look to good when he got released from his 8 month lock-up. Then he got railroaded by those arm wrestling guys and got hurt pretty bad. I can't believe how quick he has come back....

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Vic was locked up then suffered an arm injury later... supposedly while arm wrestling.
I think that 8 months on Bologna sammiches had a bit more to do with it.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Yeah, Vic did't look to good when he got released from his 8 month lock-up. Then he got railroaded by those arm wrestling guys and got hurt pretty bad. I can't believe how quick he has come back....

Muscle memory. It doesn't take long to regain your form..I am happy for him. I always liked him, and surprised he never won the Mr.O

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I like Vic, glad he won.

Hopefully he can it all together and have a great Olympia, unfortunately he doesn't have time on his side like a lot of the younger guys.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic