Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Increasing Kcals to Break Through a Plateau??

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Has anyone else experienced this??? While dieting I hit a plateau and didn't lose weight for nearly two weeks, then I actually started to gain, even though I had reduced my Kcals more to about 3,000 per day (maintenance is around 3,800).

Well this weekend, I had a kind of cheat: I increased my food, but kept to my keto diet, so I ate close to maintenance, and bam I started losing weight again!

What's up with that???

I find it crazy how my body works sometimes. . .

J

Jerseytaylor

Dec 29, 2011
Kick started your metabolism again!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Has anyone else experienced this??? While dieting I hit a plateau and didn't lose weight for nearly two weeks, then I actually started to gain, even though I had reduced my Kcals more to about 3,000 per day (maintenance is around 3,800).

Well this weekend, I had a kind of cheat: I increased my food, but kept to my keto diet, so I ate close to maintenance, and bam I started losing weight again!

What's up with that???

I find it crazy how my body works sometimes. . .

Are you cycling carbs in once a week or so? I can't remember what the damn thing is called... Begins with a P I think. But when you're on a keto diet, having a once a week carb fest basically resets that P hormone thing and the fat loss starts again... God dammit why doesn't my brain work?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Are you cycling carbs in once a week or so? I can't remember what the damn thing is called... Begins with a P I think. But when you're on a keto diet, having a once a week carb fest basically resets that P hormone thing and the fat loss starts again... God dammit why doesn't my brain work?

The "P" word you're think about is the pituitary gland. IMHO if you're going to run a keto you MUST have a refeed which would make it a CKD "cyclical" keto diet.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Do some reading on metabolic damage. If you keep dieting hard, and never do any kind of cycling, you can do some metabolic damage. Not only does this stop your weight loss, but it can actually hurt your thyroid, and eat up muscle mass. Its almost like the body wants to go in to starvation mode.

That said, cutting on 3,000 calories is pretty sick. You must be one huge mofo. Most people aren't able to cut on anything more than 2600 or 2700 calories.

Are you on cycle? Taking Hgh? Peps?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

Pituitary (I cheated, and read BI's post)? My trainer, who has never been wrong, says to stay on for the long run. He agreed with increasing Kcals, and that it would help re-set my metabolism. But he says don't cycle carbs, because it interferes with the ketogenesis. I keep testing his advice, and he has never been wrong yet.

The "P" word you're think about is the pituitary gland. IMHO if you're going to run a keto you MUST have a refeed which would make it a CKD "cyclical" keto diet.

I am thinking of taking a week or two off in the middle of my 18 weeks of dieting and just eat maintenance with carbs.

Do some reading on metabolic damage. If you keep dieting hard, and never do any kind of cycling, you can do some metabolic damage. Not only does this stop your weight loss, but it can actually hurt your thyroid, and eat up muscle mass. Its almost like the body wants to go in to starvation mode.

That said, cutting on 3,000 calories is pretty sick. You must be one huge mofo. Most people aren't able to cut on anything more than 2600 or 2700 calories.

Are you on cycle? Taking Hgh? Peps?

Yeah, I weigh 230 lbs on my bathroom scale which is about 235 in real lbs and am about 15% bf and possibly less. I am cruising atm on 125mg Test E and missing the cycle. But I need a break, having been on constantly for a year (my last two cruises were at 250mg per week test E). I wish I could afford HGH! Maybe this fall. . .

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I should have clarified the term "cycling" in my post. I meant, calorie or carb cycling, not aas cycling. haha!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The P word I was thinking of was Leptin... Whatever.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I should have clarified the term "cycling" in my post. I meant, calorie or carb cycling, not aas cycling. haha!

Bud, go back and look: you asked "Are you on cycle? Taking HGH? Peps?" I responded "I am cruising atm on 125mg test E . . ."

If you had asked "Are you carb cycling" I would have said definitely no. Every time I mess with carb cycling, I feel like sh#t and my trainer says "don't do it".

Maybe that was a Freudian slip! 'Cause those are quite different questions, LOL.

Don't worry, it's all good!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
LOL dude, that is me all the damn time. I am always forgetting important words.

I hate it when that happens, especially when it is an important name . . . I.e. someone whose name I should know cold, and I can't remember it cause I haven't seen them in a while! Grrrrr!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic