Latest Member
pbtom

Tighten that Belt...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Belt or Nothing???

I see a lot of people wearing their belt all day long when they're training... So I pose this question to everyone, do you wear a belt and if you do when do you break it out?

I do wear my belt but I only wear it for my conventional pulls and back/front squats. I break it out once I get to 85% of my 1RM.

I don't see the point to where a belt when I'm doing GM's, RDL's, or any of my other assisting lifts. I want to tax the hell out of my lower back.

So do you wear a belt or not? And when do you break it out?

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Excuse the thread title. I tried to change it but wasn't able to.

The title is supposed to be "Belt or Nothing???"

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I use a belt once I get to around 90% of my max, only really use it for squats and deads.

Anything less than 90% and it stays in my gym bag. I believe a lot of people can become too reliant on it; keep the belt off for all of your working sets and you'll end up maintaining better overall strength through your stabilisers and core IMO.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I use a 2 prong 9mm belt for deads once I get above 525.

I use an Inzer lever 10mm belt on squats over 425.

Otherwise no belt.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
No belt unless 75% or higher of 1RM for squats and deads.

Never break it out otherwise.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I use a 2 prong 9mm belt for deads once I get above 525.

I use an Inzer lever 10mm belt on squats over 425.

Otherwise no belt.

That's interesting... I've never heard of a 9mm belt. Can you tell a difference in 1mm? I know many people swear they notice a significant difference between a 10mm and a 13mm. I just use my 10mm lever for squats and pulls.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I use my belt only on my heaviest sets.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I no longer wear a belt but, I dont go that heavy any more either

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
That's interesting... I've never heard of a 9mm belt. Can you tell a difference in 1mm? I know many people swear they notice a significant difference between a 10mm and a 13mm. I just use my 10mm lever for squats and pulls.

lmao...no not really.

just that my 2 prong belt is older and worked in, so it's more comfortable for deads. I got the Inzer about a year ago from my GF for Christmas and it hurt like hell doing deadlifts when it was new, so I used my old belt for deads and the Inzer I use for squats only. just got used to doing it that way I guess...and if it ain't broke... :)

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
OK. So let me ask you this.

I see blokes walking around the gym with their belts on, and not doing anything, like it's some kind of girdle.

Those that do this, do they think that if they keep their guts sucked in all day like this that it will somehow reduce their waist line?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
OK. So let me ask you this.

I see blokes walking around the gym with their belts on, and not doing anything, like it's some kind of girdle.

Those that do this, do they think that if they keep their guts sucked in all day like this that it will somehow reduce their waist line?

ok no offense to anyone but I've seen like a dozen of these guys and they all look the same

Balding, slicked back the rest of the hair thats left.
Horrible goatee.
Lifting gloves (sorry they're gay to me).
Short Shorts, but the cloth type, no mesh or dry fit material.
Tank top that you'd have to peel or cut off.
the dirtiest cross training shoes that have to be at least 10 years old which they probably cut their grass in earlier.
socks that go above the ankle and are mismatched.
Belt with the most hideous muffin top spewing over their belt that I've ever seen.........as they're about to do some standing DB curls.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I wear my 10mm inzer lever belt whenever I do :

Standing over head press, standing barbell curls, squats, and bench press

I wear my Valeo belt if I dead lift.

I usually put the belt on for my last warm up set

I have to take it of in between sets because their so tight.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic