Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Day Trading or Long term?

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Any of you guys do any day trading or long term investing?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I actually do both. I have added many stem cell penny stocks to my Roth IRA this year and I broke even on day trading. Just purchased DRYS yesterday at 1.89 for the long haul.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Do you trade individual stocks when you do day trading?

pips

pips

MuscleHead
Jul 12, 2011
pulled all my money out of market and kinda killed all the other stuff in my portfolio.wife still has a standing 401k but everything else im dropin in realestate with the insane foreclosure rate houses are cheap and lots of people need rentals to live in.also since very few are building lots and acreage are goin cheap.i buy them have the amish mill the lumber up to build more rentals and firewood the rest to sell off in winter at $200 a cord delivered and dumped local. market is too uneasy for me and i just dont have time to monitor as i should.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Anyone else follow RedChip? They've been really good at picking stocks. I got in with DSS at $2.35 and now they are over 3 bucks in a couple weeks. I'm going to wait to pull my money out of that one. I could see it going over 4. I think it's a good time to buy Muscle Pharm (MSLP) and also Richfield (ROIL)

They have their show on Youtube as well. Thought I'd throw that out there.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I invest my own $ and others' also. I've been a licensed advisor for years. I'm pretty bearish right now.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I invest for the long haul exclusively. I have money almost exclusively in mutual funds over multiple asset classes, about 10% in a REIT, and another 10% in individual securities. Unless you have special training, I don't recommend trading short term on individual stocks. If you want to put a small amount of money into a "fun" fund and just do it for kicks, that's fine, but just admit it that you're gambling rather than investing.

I don't hold any hedge type investments at the moment, but we're only 10-15 years away from inflation swallowing everyone's savings, so in the next few years I'm going to start investing in items that will hold their value better in an inflationary environment.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I call it educated gambling. haha But I don't day trade. I make decisions based on companies expected growth and revenues. Not just cause it looks good or is HOT.

A Mutual fund is definitely a good way to hold some of your money. When the inflation happens it may be a good idea to have an investment in a commodity...like oil and gas.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I buy stocks that I feel will do good in the long term meaning 1 yearish. I bought ARNA and OREX from a post I read on Meso about diet pills, it was a gamble as they did not get FDA approval the first time and the second time I made bank. I had CIGX that I made a bunch on from 2010 - 2012, lots of trades as I rode the coaster and then just dumped and never looked back. Did really well with a bunch of stocks in 2009 when the market tanked, bought as much as I could, AMD, BAC, CITI, ditched them all for a nice hit.
I like Pharmacy stocks, you can make a nice hit even on speculation if the studies are pointing in the right direction. Not sure if I missed the 3D printing stock bandwagon or not, SYSS and DDD have some nice trends, looking for a cheaper one for Medical research purposes though.

A

Airborne

Jan 19, 2011
I day trade big time. I am also bearish but lately I have been doing gun and ammo stock swhc, rgr oln etc. been making quite a bit of cash.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I day trade big time. I am also bearish but lately I have been doing gun and ammo stock swhc, rgr oln etc. been making quite a bit of cash.

I thought about this as well with all the crazyness of buying ammo and guns right now

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic