Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Bicep Detachment

B

Bbanner

Nov 5, 2012
Six months ago I had surgery to reattach my left bicep. It completely detached from the bottom insertion. My arm looks ridiculous, but that is the least of my worries. I need to rehab it. Surgeon said I am good for working out. Anybody have experience with type of injury. The last 20 years have been spent mainly powerlifting, compound movements etc. Never had to rehab myself.

My main concern is not doing this all over again. I do not recommend this injury for anybody.

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
damn bro that sounds painful! hope you get thru it quick....wonder if some tb500 would help out.....any suggestions folks?

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Sorry to hear about your bicep injury.talk to people who have had the same injury and get there feed back.get as much info as your can.i had a rotator cuff surgery on Tuesday so prior to my surgery I spoke to as many people on this forum site and read as much information on the net.good luck.as I write this I am in a ton of pain so I know your pain bro.good luck

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I ruptured my bicep tendon and tore my bicep. As for recovery, its a long process...even if you get cleared be very careful on training....that is just a sensitive area....

Diesel

Diesel

Jun 11, 2011
I've talked about this very injury with Vince Taylor at great length. If you don't know who that is, he is an IFBB pro. He competes in the masters now. Anyway, When he was training in Germany many years ago his bicep detached. I asked him how he trained biceps after the injury. He told me cable work was the key to his recovery. He used light weights and focused on both the contraction and retraction. He still trains like that to this day. Thats how would train if I were you. At least in the beginning.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I would def agree with cable work and light weight....thats what i did and if i felt anything...even a twinge, i stopped.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic